Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else fantasize? I usually fantasize before bed that I'm good looking and lying there with a girlfriend in my arms, its easy to pretend in the dark. Yeah I know its pathetic, but for a second or two I can feel pretty happy in my imagination.

·
Digimon Loyalist
2,031 Posts
Does anyone else fantasize? I usually fantasize before bed that I'm good looking and lying there with a girlfriend in my arms, its easy to pretend in the dark. Yeah I know its pathetic, but for a second or two I can feel pretty happy in my imagination.
Yeah I do that all the time. But usually I imagine myself as a different person with a different life. Usually an attractive guy with lots of friends and no SA.
Man my life sucks... :( I wish my fantasy were reality.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I don't fantasize about being someone else, but I do fantasize about being in a relationship and various other aspects of how I'd like my life to turn out. I like to fantasize a lot about how I want my house to look when I finally get my own place.

·
roarrrr
4,876 Posts
I have fantasies about being in a romantic relationship as well. I think thats a normal thing for someone to do. Especially if they haven't had one, like me.

·
Gentle Impulsion
7,792 Posts
no matter how tightly i hold my pillow she's still not here, but i'll keep trying

·
Registered
59 Posts
yeah, i fantasize/daydream a lot! my crush, my old friends or events i want to happen.
i unconsciously do it even in public place, like while walking or in public transportation, then i smile or laugh a little! haha, talkin 'bout looking like insane :D

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
Yeah, I have to fantasize too. Its never anything too terribly unrealistic though. I always just want things to be one step beyond where they are now.

·
Banned
497 Posts
in highschool i used to fantasize every night about being friends with all of the popular people , and having a life and a girlfreind. i would vizualize my whole week e.g were i went with the friends , waht i did etc...

but by the time i was 21 my life was still the same - no friends, no life, no girl. if you want your life to change you have to combine the fantazizing with actuall action otherwize the fantazizing is pointless and nothing will change

·
In hiding
1,455 Posts
Ahh, sadly yes. Not to say fantasizing isn't normal or anything, but I think the amount of time I spend daydreaming is rather sad. I'd like to live in the world I've created in my head so much. :roll

·
Banned
776 Posts
The only times I tend to fantasise are when I'm lying in bed trying to sleep or when I'm sitting on a bus/plane/train listening to some music to pass the time. I usually end up feeling worse for doing it when I realise how unlikely it is that I'll ever do some of the things I think about.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
I fantasize a lot too, I think it's part of my problem I don't want to see my real life so I go somewhere else in my mind where things aren't so bad.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I fantasize all. The. Time. I think it may have made a real life unlikely as nothing can compare to the ease and beauty of my imaginary life.

·
On Standby...
76 Posts
Yeah, i do this all the time, mostly when i m lying in bed waiting to go to sleep. I ve tried to stop because it ends up making me feel more depressed when the fantasy ends and i have to come back to reality again. But i still do it, because it tends to be the only thing that really makes me happy.

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
I fantasize all the time about being with my crush :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts