Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

.. and i personally think eminem (Had) SA; he still seems a LOT shy on TV, and live shows, not panic shy tho :b

and wtf is up with proofs head on 2:25 `=? Haha

·
Nowhere Man
2,415 Posts
Kim Basinger has (Or had) issues with Social Anxiety. I think Trent Reznor and Maynard James Keenan might have issues too, although I'm not too sure about that.

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
Michael Jackson
Ricky Williams (Football Player)
Andy Warhol

eh, can't think of many because most famous people for the most part are extroverts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Topher Grace (Eric Foreman from That 70's show). I'm almost positive he has it. Just watch an episode of the show and really watch his face and his movements.

I also watched some documentary on the show and all the other people said that after they were done filming, he went straight home every single day without saying a word to anyone.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I know this is bad/rude/insensitive of me to say and I know it's possible to be famous and have SAD and I'm not sure why but I'm repulsed by any attempts to associate SAD with famous celebrities. I wish I knew why?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I think there's also a book about famous people who have sa.

There are people on this board who think Kirsten Steward has sa. I don't know if it's true. She has never said anything about it, but you can see from interviews and stuff that she's a bitt uncomfortable when she's not acting.

I also read that Emma Stone had sa when she was 10 years old or something, but she had therapy for it and that realle helped her. I really love her as an actress. She is really good and funny and so beautiful.
I wish my parents had seek help for me at a young age. Then maybe now my life would be better.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I'm amazed that someone with SA can be a celebrity. Kim Basinger's part in that youtube video got to me. Everytime I see those paparazzi pictures of famous people, I can only think "God, it would suck to be famous" :um

But uh, yeah, I think Michael Jackson had SA/AvPD too. I heard that he locked himself in a room and wouldn't come out because he was pressured about the Thriller music video and was worried about what the christian community would think of him... Although I can't find this on google, so I'm not sure how accurate that is. He was clearly obsessed with being the best though

·
MEAT POPSICLE
857 Posts
Steve Perry from Journey suffers from severe anxiety, it is part of the reason he left Journey and then went out of the public eye.....one hellava voice!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Wow, I had no idea about Ricky Williams. That's crazy. It really sounds like he has it, though. I can't imagine what he was/is going through being in the spotlight like that. I'm glad they talked about this on a major network. Maybe it will educate people a little bit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts