Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So many threads get locked and/or deleted around based on the argument of "family friendly forum". It begs the question, why does our forum need to be "family friendly" in the first place? What does that even mean anyway? The youngest I have ever seen around here is 16/17 years old and jr. high and high school is hardly family friendly.

Is there some reason for this designation?

·
Registered
527 Posts
There's at least one fourteen year old on the group that I know of.

I don't know the reason for the "family friendly" designation as I wasn't around at the forum's inception, but I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. OK, so some people might think the moderators overreact or err on the overly cautious side, but at least it keeps the forum basically on-topic. It's also refreshing to be able to read a forum that can be read by people under the age of eighteen (because they have SA too). I know of other supposedly SA-related forums which seem to be populated mainly by sexual predators, borderline perverts and other unsavoury characters. After reading it for ten minutes, you feel like you need to go and take a shower. :|

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
also, just imagine the ads that would start popping up on here if things started getting too explicit (shudder).

·
Registered
928 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts