Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

do you want to achieve some sort of fame even with a SAD?

• yep

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • nope

Votes: 31 52.5%
  • maybe

Votes: 13 22.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had the strong need to want to become famous? i'm sure we've all had this feeling once in our lives, but it's good to confirm things first. and especially how everyone's SAD differs...fame can be an overwhelming and exciting thought.
for me, when i get comfortable in my surroundings, nothing seems to change, and just the periodic increased heart beats/sweat occur, i feel the need to change everyone's life with whatever talent i have. as if i could learn animation in a day and make a perfect video to show on youtube or something. that seems half realistic and half improbable, but with determination and no SAD, i bet i could make it happen. ...i've tried doing projects to change other's lives (in some way), but when i'm almost done with them, i get extreme anxiety from it. eh.. :/

·
Registered
270 Posts
Not a big fan of people who admire others so, no. If I were famous, I'd probably dislike those who exalted me to such a position of fame.

·
herp derp
2,347 Posts
Interesting thread. I think I would select no though as, whilst a really minute amount of fame is ok (for example, if I were to appear in a newspaper article once or something) for something good. Really famous status? Constantly appearing in newspaper articles? No thanks.
I guess the only thing that appeals to me is the recognition for your work. The critisism, lack of privacy, etc is a complete big no-no.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting thread. I think I would select no though as, whilst a really minute amount of fame is ok (for example, if I were to appear in a newspaper article once or something) for something good. Really famous status? Constantly appearing in newspaper articles? No thanks.
I guess the only thing that appeals to me is the recognition for your work. The critisism, lack of privacy, etc is a complete big no-no.
that's mainly what i would want as well: a small amount of fame to atleast be recognized as someone. i'm surprised at the other 2 responses though. you must want some sort of fame...

and apparently 8 out of 8 people voted no...wow haha
i'm not specifically talking about the people in the movie Fame for instance, just having others notice you for your talents.

·
roarrrr
4,876 Posts
I wouldn't want me to be famous, I'd rather my work was famous.

I aspire to be a published writer and I'd love if my work became well-known. I'm boring, who would want to follow me around? I'm only interesting when it comes to my imagination. ;)

·
Registered
224 Posts
haha.. I remember reading somewhere that 80% of 18-25 year olds regretted not being famous.

I agree with Banzai though. I want to achieve something worth knowing about, but I would definitely not want paparazzi and crazed fans following me everywhere I go, that would be like a living hell.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've felt the desire to be like a lot of my heroes, like Natasha Khan or Bjork or Omar Rodriguez-Lopez, but I'm not sure if I've actually considered the fame aspect of what they do. Anybody else felt like this? Just to sort of look up to celebrities and maybe feel inspired to do things in your own life differently after seeing what they've done?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hm perhaps you should change your poll if you can...you may get a few more yes's if you add, say, a "little fame" option.
there is a maybe option and i did say some sort of fame, but then again it's not an official poll lol

·
Quo
101 Posts
I wouldn't want to be a celebrity, hounded by press and having stories about me written in gutter trash like National Inquirer and The Star. I would never do anything with the intention of becoming famous, if I ever did (the chance of which is very close to zero) it would be entirely unintentional.

I just want a quiet life.

·
Somewhere but not here.
1,802 Posts
maybe with a strong no slant.
I don't honestly know if I would hate it. Chances are I would.
But it depends on what that fame comes from and how much if it.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
And end up shaving my head after attacking a car with an umbrella? I don't know.

The paparazzi are out of control.

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,072 Posts
I guess the only thing that appeals to me is the recognition for your work. The criticism, lack of privacy, etc is a complete big no-no.
I agree with this idea of recognition. As a musician if I am to actively pursue it as a career being known by my fan base is a part of the job but I definitely wouldn't want the absolute intensity of fame. Think of the more underground artists where people know them but they're aren't everywhere in your face & need not worry about paparazzi. I don't think it would make me more social though I've always shied away from attention on top of my performances when I used to play live. I think I would just do the tours & interviews & then disappear to some country I wasn't particularly big in to live in my off time.

Basically a partial fame to have a decent musical career I think I wouldn't mind & could handle

·
Registered
527 Posts
I would hate to be famous. It would be an unbearable intrusion of my privacy. Ugh!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I put 'no' because it's never been something that's interested me. I've never been that keen on wealth either.

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
Nope, last thing I would want is more attention being placed on me. A lot of celebrities lose a large slice of privacy in their lives and I need mine and would hate to be in a situation where I had to watch my every move to ensure my reputation would not be harmed by something I did.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
I don't like a lot of attention drawn to myself so I would never seek to be famous, besides with my inability to hold conversations I don't know what the heck I could become famous doing lol.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts