Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For myself, I have found that at times it is difficult, if not impossible, to believe that things will go well and get better. This was more so in the past, and now my general belief is that things will continue to get better. But, what I did was I faked that I believed things would go well. Even though I really believed that things would not go well, I still made the attempt and hoped for a positive outcome (in dating for example). I found that faking that things would go well in the short-term eventually led to me believing that things would go well in the long-term. So, no longer was I faking, but now I had tricked myself into believing that everything would go well in the future, and generally, that is what I now find that happens in my life. Humans have to play all sorts of tricks on themselves, and that includes me. Now, I have a fiance to show for my fake believing that things would go well in life. If you just keep telling yourself that things will go well, eventually you will believe it; it just takes time, sometimes a couple years or so to get yourself to believe new concepts. Just thought I'd share that with others.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i have the same thoughts on socialanxiety in general, sa tricks with our mind, creates fake/irrational thoughts, so we must use any tricks/irrational thoughts to beat it, as its said eye for an eye, i think its fair.

·
3rd SAS Battalion
886 Posts
I do not understand why this does not work for me. As soon as I start to act confident and chatty people just ridicule me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts