Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Carpe Diem
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This whole semester, i've been on top of everything, keeping track with all the assignments that was due, did all the essays and forum posts (its an online class) but this week, I was a bit lazy and only glanced at this week's activities and didn't realize that there were 3 quizzes due yesterday. These quizzes, apparently, are required and have to be passed with perfect 100's in order to pass the course. Today, i go on to check the upcoming assignments for next week and just realized that they were due... The description said that they are required to be completed otherwise you won't pass the class at all... My god, i could understand getting marked down a letter grade or something if i dont complete it but I actually won't be passing at all anymore... I've worked so hard to maintain a good grade and now i screwed up... **** me.. This isn't the first time i have failed a classed i have failed a couple of other classes before but it was because I was going through depression and wasn't serious about school. I wanted to straighten myself out this semester and now this... I feel so bad and I don't know what to do.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i think failing the whole course for the quizzes is excessive as well. i know you feel hurt that you've actually worked to earn a good mark and ultimately end up failing. i've felt like that before in english class actually, when i work my *** off on an essay and got a 40%. but what you can do from here is to learn from this, to be consistent in your work habits and go forward. it's the only thing you can really do to benefit from this situation unless you can sort things out with your instructor. that's all i have, i hope you find success with your studies :).

·
Carpe Diem
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think failing the whole course for the quizzes is excessive as well. i know you feel hurt that you've actually worked to earn a good mark and ultimately end up failing. i've felt like that before in english class actually, when i work my *** off on an essay and got a 40%. but what you can do from here is to learn from this, to be consistent in your work habits and go forward. it's the only thing you can really do to benefit from this situation unless you can sort things out with your instructor. that's all i have, i hope you find success with your studies :).
Yeah, you're right. This will definitely teach me to get my priorities straight. Don't ignore the details and go over everything. I guess i might have to take this class again.

·

63,267 Posts
Do not let this discourage you,continue having this attitude to work hard.Even if you are going to take the class again,it won't be that bad since you have an idea of what to expect. Next time,check to find out if you have quizzes/exams for the week.

·
Big Boo's Haunt
3,977 Posts
Have you spoken to your professor to explain the situation and ask if there's anything you can do?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts