Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the following is wrong with that statement:
-average age for females to get their period is around age 13. so dicussing an issue that begins at age 13 IS keeping the PG-13 level SAS strives so much for
(and i guess all those sexual inneundos in profiles do too? lol)

-feminine products only aren't allowed?!?! we can't discuss any hygeinne issues specific to females??

-discussing a biological human function is very much family friendly. pretty much most girls i know were talked to by a family member(s) about this.

seriously i'm practically finding it offensive that it's considered a taboo topic to talk about when it's perfectly natural and happens to every single female out there (usually).

i'm trying to but i cant' think of any other health-related issue that is as common as menstruation, but is considered offensive to talk about at SAS. some people need to grow up.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
seriously i'm practically finding it offensive that it's considered a taboo topic to talk about
:agree
I get the impression that any problems people may have with it come mostly from the fact that males don't experience it.

There are commercials for feminine hygiene products on TV. It's not something people typically try to protect kids from. It's not an "adult" topic.

My friend says, "maybe they cater to ultra-backwoods families where women just go live in a hut for a week every month."

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
I also imagine this topic could be quite anxiety provoking for young women who have no one to talk about it with.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
In civilized countries, we talk about those subjects (periods, mechanic of sex, etc.) at about the age of 12-13 (at least, we did at that age in Québec) so that thread should not be inappropriate for a PG-13.

·
Banned
642 Posts
Not here on SAS. The mods here cherry pick everything to use the "red button". You should escalate your issues all the way up to drew. We keep hearing about this PG-13 crap, yet there is a GBLT section.

So why can't young girls discuss normal experiences?

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
Not here on SAS. The mods here cherry pick everything to use the "red button". You should escalate your issues all the way up to drew. We keep hearing about this PG-13 crap, yet there is a GBLT section.

So why can't young girls discuss normal experiences?
And how does having a GBLT section relate to any of this? I find that to be a cheap shot, one thing has nothing to do with the other.

This is the second thread on this subject and I fail to see what can be gained by it.

I cannot believe there is this much of an uproar about fem hygiene products?? Of all things? Really????? Of all the things to think about, to debate about, to deal with and this is what upsets SAS members?? :con Go figure????

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
And PS the way to go about change isnt to post threads that mock the rules but rather make a well-worded non angry PM to the mods and Drew. Threads like this never solve anything, just saying.

·
Banned
140 Posts

·
Après moi, le déluge
5,682 Posts
nothing to fear said:
seriously i'm practically finding it offensive that it's considered a taboo topic to talk about
I'm not just practically finding it offensive. I find it *highly* offensive.

Don, I really think you made a mistake here. It's not too much information. It's part of the workings of the normal human body. There was a time when it really *was* considered taboo to talk about women's bodies in such a way. When you locked the thread, you basically told the women of this board that their bodies are dirty and unacceptable.

Have a nice day,
Kelly :)

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
There are certain topics that should not be discussed in an open forum. This is one of them.

How about a topic about my last prostate exam? Not something the females and most of the males would want to hear about.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
There are certain topics that should not be discussed in an open forum. This is one of them. You would not stand up in front of a room full of people and discuss it even without SA.

How about a topic about my last prostate exam? Not something the females and most of the males would want to hear about.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.