Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just made a facebook....and I was surprised that they require a real first and last name-those of you who have a facebook-do you use your real name or a nickname like I did-if u do use your real name, how come you do? arent u afraid?

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
You don't have to use your real name. I've seen users like Mickey Mouse and Jesus Christ get onto Facebook, joke profiles that lots of people join.

·
SAS Member
14,413 Posts
I use my real name. but i only made an account so i could keep in touch with my sister and my mom. I actualy found a lot of my cousins on there, too, which was funny because we haven't seen eachother for years and years(hell i was surprised some of them even have the internet available :lol )

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi I've used my real name. But I have diactivated my account!!!
You know why?? The point that I can be in touch with my friends is good but some people wanted me to accept them as my friends. They sent messages and wanted me to confirm them! I know them but I didn't want to confirm!!!!
So I diactivated it...
And I am feeling better now!!!

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
The point of facebook is to add people you already know anyway.
This is something I really don't understand. If you're in touch with these people anyway (as you presumably would be, if they're really friends of yours), why use Facebook?

If someone I already knew started communicating with me only via Facebook, I would consider them less than a friend. And as for considering someone you've only had contact with virtually and have never even spoken to, let alone met, to be your "friend", that doesn't seem very rational to me.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
This is something I really don't understand. If you're in touch with these people anyway (as you presumably would be, if they're really friends of yours), why use Facebook?
With people you see on a daily basis, that's true, but most people's friend's list consists of people they don't see all the time. That's the idea. I have friends from high school who live in other states, college, and family that I don't see all the time. It's such an easy way to keep in touch.

·
Sassy
2,222 Posts
Yes, I use my real name. How would people from my past be able to find me? An old friend from school just added me the other day. I was thrilled! Facebook is really great for stuff like that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts