Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a lot of the time i feel my face tense up, and it makes me look upset/sad, anyone else experience this and how do you combat it?
x

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have the same problem and it is probably one of the worst SA symptoms for me. The only thing that helps is to kind of try to take your ind of it and let it be. As worrying about it just makes it worse although it is eaier said then done to ignore it.

·
Full circle, new highway
365 Posts
Yep, it is mostly my forehead that crumples up with sternness when I am out in public. I think it is more of a protective kind of expression. If I feel too relaxed I feel that people can get in my psychi and emotions, and I don't want that.

Maybe you can think of something that makes you relaxed all over and maintain this thought when out in public? Just a thought.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Same for me.. except that I usually look angry. I don't know how to change that yet.

·
Staying positive
754 Posts
Yep I hate this. I feel like if we were somehow able to stop this and appear more pleasant to people we would get many more positive reactions from people. The negative reactions I get from people only reinforce some of my negative beliefs.

Did you ever notice when you're feeling good for some reason and outside your head, people just react to you better? Thats simply because of your body language and facial expression.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts