Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to take a hammer to the entire world. I don't belong on earth I belong in heaven. god please take me there.

·
unashamed perv
1,786 Posts
Aw no! Don't say that! What's going wrong for you, MissMay? I have, in the past, felt like I just wanted to die, but my mood often just improved for no apparent reason (like it went bad for no apparent reason in the first place). Hang in there!

·
"Why So Serious?"
901 Posts
I don't like it when people (especially my mom) tell me something in the lines of "you know there are alot of people out there worse than you, people with no legs, no food, no home". And its like....why the fuk would I care about them? I care about me...seeing a person on tv with no legs ain't going to fix my problem. They are them and I am me, I got no time to feel bad about other people when I feel like sh1t myself. Even if I looked at a 1000 page picture book of miserable people my problem is STILL going to be there. If I was lucky I wouldn't be so messed up.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I don't like it when people (especially my mom) tell me something in the lines of "you know there are alot of people out there worse than you, people with no legs, no food, no home". And its like....why the fuk would I care about them? I care about me...seeing a person on tv with no legs ain't going to fix my problem. They are them and I am me, I got no time to feel bad about other people when I feel like sh1t myself. Even if I looked at a 1000 page picture book of miserable people my problem is STILL going to be there. If I was lucky I wouldn't be so messed up.
thats pretty selfish of you and may be part of your problem to begin with. Your mom is right, you should be happy having social aniexty as appose to fighting in a war or dying because you don't have enough food/water. Those are serious problems and yes S.A. does suck *** but you have to take a second to look at the bigger picture.

·
"Why So Serious?"
901 Posts
thats pretty selfish of you and may be part of your problem to begin with. Your mom is right, you should be happy having social aniexty as appose to fighting in a war or dying because you don't have enough food/water. Those are serious problems and yes S.A. does suck *** but you have to take a second to look at the bigger picture.
My list of things/people I care about

1. My mom first then my sisters
2. Me
3. everything else.

Sorry but first its me, then the rest. I do feel bad when I read some stories (I do have a heart and conscious), but in the end, what has happened to them has happened and I am still with this problem that I can not overcome. There is no telethon for people with SAD, I got to fend for my own.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm reminded of one of Aesop's fables. I'll paraphrase.
A man is walking drunk along a road, unaware of a hole just ahead. Being drunk, he of course falls in. When he sobers up some time later, he begins calling for help. A second man comes along and asks what happened. The first man admits he was drunk and didn't see the hole. The man outside the hole immediately begins chastising the first for his foolishness.
"Dude," the man in the hole says, "your advice isn't gonna do me any good until you help me out of this hole!"
Kos, I work with street people and the disabled, so I know there are fates far worse than SA. But I think we already know that, and bringing it up doesn't really help, in that it makes us feel ungrateful. The best way to appreciate what you have is to be happy and content.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Can you go to a Christian counselor? Some of them are cheap. That is in line with your beliefs right? A good one might help quite a bit.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
There's free Celebrate Recovery groups nationwide too that are based on the Beatitudes that are Christian and take place at churches. They have a website online.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I don't know about that. God makes your life how it is now. When you get sent to heaven, you may be his personal entertainer. Well, I guess you're probably his current entertainment now. But in heaven I'm sure it'll be worse, who knows.

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It is the AM now and I feel better. I get depressed and angry at night but I go to sleep and wake up happy.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
somewhere in the world there are people going through much worse then you right now.
And elsewhere there are people doing vastly better than me.

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It is nightime now I am back to F everything. I dont belong on earth. I need someone to pacify me. Is that so hard to freaking understand?? gosh!

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
It is nightime now I am back to F everything. I dont belong on earth. I need someone to pacify me. Is that so hard to freaking understand?? gosh!
Without details, I don't have much in the way of suggestions, but your problem is interesting to me in that it's the reverse of what I deal with. My mornings are bad. I'm at my 'best' at night. I don't know which one would be better. It'd be nice to feel OK at both ends of the day.

Well, good luck.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts