Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had a few situations recently where Im in a small group and theres like a leader of the group teaching or whatever and I feel kind of awkward with eye contact. When he/she looks at me I dont know if Im supposed to hold eye contact until they look away, or look away immediately or like look between their eyes... lol Does anyone have any eye contact tips? I find myself like trying to hold eye contact as long as I can then look away-but I end up not really listening to what the person is saying and missing things.

·
Sternritter
964 Posts
you can look between their eyes. just remember to blink. I find holding eye contact is more beneficial in certain situations like at job interviews or talking to a superior.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I myself am working on this too, you want to make moderate eye contact in a conversation but avoid the creepy blank stare lol

·
Si the shy guy :D
7 Posts
I have this problem too, I usually make eye contact until i feel awkward, then look away. I only feel awkward when they're talking though, If I'm doing the talking I'm totally relaxed with eye contact. I guess it's one of those things where the more you think about it, the more anxious you feel, so I try to really engage myself with the conversation to overcome the awkward eye contact situation.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i cant make eye contacts!!!! even with my parents or siblings, cousins, aunts etc, i can't... my cousin's wife noticed it and she told my sister about it, and they laughed at me. they said i looked funny

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I myself am working on this too, you want to make moderate eye contact in a conversation but avoid the creepy blank stare lol
haha yes I usually end up with the creepy blank stare... or I start nodding and looking too intrigued. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts