Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I walk past people in the mall, I have trouble looking them in the eye. I'm thinking that if I wear sunglasses so they can't see what I'm looking at, then I can look at their face/eyes and become accustomed with the region and hopefully it'll become a less scary place.
I'm very happy with my plan of attack. I will buy some sunglasses soon.

Note: Originally I just wanted a pair for the looks and maybe to protect my eyes on the odd occasion that I go outside during the day but I've got another reason to get them now. Yay!

·
Coffee me.
444 Posts
I do love the summer months when the sunglasses are out. I have noticed they cut down on the anxiety levels for me. But unfortunately, wearing them indoors makes me more paranoid, heh. "Why is that weird girl wearing those inside" type thoughts.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I do love the summer months when the sunglasses are out. I have noticed they cut down on the anxiety levels for me. But unfortunately, wearing them indoors makes me more paranoid, heh. "Why is that weird girl wearing those inside" type thoughts.
Those thoughts aren't ill founded, I mean even the most confident people will get weird stares wearing sunglasses inside. I personally think you guys should face your eye contact fears instead of directly avoiding it.

I'm scared of your avatar D:

·
Banned
51 Posts
i love sunglasses too for this reason! but i feel like i cant pull them off really haha. being quiet, having big muscles, and wearing sunglasses really makes you look arrogant lol

·
Registered
197 Posts

This is me on Christmas day.. yes, i wore sunglasses on christmas day. I went to my aunties house and all of my family were invited, so i was nervous.. sunglasses and a bottle (or 2) or Rosé wine helped alot :D I look deranged. Haha.

·
Coffee me.
444 Posts
I've noticed nearly all the cool, down to earth, one with nature girls I've met are Canadian. Why is this? :)
Oh go on ;)...

...:hide

Honestly not sure why. I know a great many girls in my field courses (here in Canada) that are terrified of insects and hate nature.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oh go on ;)...
...:hide
Honestly not sure why. I know a great many girls in my field courses (here in Canada) that are terrified of insects and hate nature.
I guess it's just been my particular luck, then. Four out of four so far. It's something I find attractive, even though I don't get out into nature as much as I'd like. A side of myself I want to explore more, I suppose.

So yeah, it gets my attention when I see it. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts