Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can't believe I finally figured one of these forums out.. I m so alone I'm a mother of 3 beautiful girls and only one of them left at home. I wish I could type what i feel but can't.

Posted via Topify on Android

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
Welcome to the forum! =)

We all are here for support if you want to share your feelings.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Hi starlily, it sounds like things are going pretty rough for you right now. Sorry to hear that. I hope things get better and like Ignopius said, we're here in the meantime if you decide to share more.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have just recently been diagnosed with depression. obviously. im always alone. not good with meeting new people.

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
I have just recently been diagnosed with depression. obviously. im always alone. not good with meeting new people.

It might be helpful to try out antidepressants. They can make a huge difference in your life! Ask your doctor and he/she will prescribe one they think is right for you.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm very picky about medications because im a nurse and i don't want anything else dragging me down. this is more than enough for me. I am going to the doctor this week though

·
Banned
852 Posts
Being a nurse you may know that there is enough anti-depressant medication on the market to fit your needs just right. Not only that but when you are continuously battling demons in your head your attention to the details drops like a lead balloon, so the chance of you making an irretrievable error grows exponentially. You have a responsibility according to your job’s code of conduct similar to “you must recognise and work within the limits of your competence” where your current mental health can be construed to be one of these limits.

It is good that you are seeing a doctor but whilst you are there you should discuss the subject of medication and therapy. You also need to inform your manager and occupational health officer that not only are you struggling but you are seeking help with regard to your health. The reason I say that is if you don’t and you make an error whilst aware of your “limitation” you would risk an investigation into your fitness to practise and possible suspension if not worse. If you think things are bad now, trust me, that situation would be helluva lot worse.

So, please, seek help, address your issues, take responsibility when it comes to your profession and your life and I hope you feel better soon.

Take care x

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that is why im here. I love my job and I love the respect and kindness these people give me. I'm aware of my responsibilities and I want to do what is right for me and my daughter and these people I take care of.

·
Banned
852 Posts
that is why im here. I love my job and I love the respect and kindness these people give me. I'm aware of my responsibilities and I want to do what is right for me and my daughter and these people I take care of.
As long as you are aware that this forum in not a substitute for professional help then it's all good :) I'm sure you'll find plenty of people here to have a decent banter with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts