Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I feel like I don't care about anyone or anything and I don't have any interests any longer. I don't feel like sitting at home and playing games like a loser or going out working and socializing like a normal person, either. I feel like I have lost all sense of purpose (if I even had any to begin with) and don't find joy in anything/see hope for myself in anything anymore. Over the past week I've experienced a few meltdowns which ended up with me being kicked out of the house for one night. I've been unable to concentrate/focus on anything since. It used to be that I could at least focus on school, but now I don't even have that.

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
Mmmmmm yes... I've been dealing with a pretty hardcore mixture of SA, depression, and avoidance for some time now, but it's this... the apathy... that has been the bane of my existence... It's rather annoying, really.

Are you seeing a doctor?

·
Behind a screen
775 Posts
Just because some people go out and socialize doesn't necessarily mean they are "normal", I know this and you know this surely. :|

·
LoneWolf
345 Posts
apathy definitely.
sometimes i look at myself in the mirror..all i see in my eyes are nothing. pretty much like the thousand eyes stare.

it's void.

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
apathy definitely.
sometimes i look at myself in the mirror..all i see in my eyes are nothing. pretty much like the thousand eyes stare.

it's void.
The mirror thing, me too. I don't have major depression, I just have this ongoing apathy, anhedonia.

Some days I could stare at a wall for 40 minutes. It's like my mind is a blank screen, with no reaction going on. My face is always expressionless.

If only I could feel alive! Feel that thing called "passion", which is an abstract concept to me...

Don't you ever feel this way?

·
LoneWolf
345 Posts
The mirror thing, me too. I don't have major depression, I just have this ongoing apathy, anhedonia.

Some days I could stare at a wall for 40 minutes. It's like my mind is a blank screen, with no reaction going on. My face is always expressionless.

If only I could feel alive! Feel that thing called "passion", which is an abstract concept to me...

Don't you ever feel this way?
anhedonia..this gotten extra bad and serious for me lately.. sometimes it's just scary..

I would blank out to, blanking out to music makes it seem less scary.. I fake a lot in front of other but in corners or when im alone I'm the same as you.

It's been quite a while being so apathetic. i gave myself a change to want to stop being "expressionless. i tried to move on, went through a few weeks of silence suppression but then realizing i just can't do it, i'd cry (not waterfull now but a couple of huge painful tears) and back to being apathetic again (sorry it's all a bit muddled up, i havent exactly been sleeping)

It is, the passion, the happiness, the strive, the energy people have is just a concept that's too far-fetch.

Im sorry you are going through almost the exact same thing :no life is just so void.

im here if you want to spill your story..

·
o_O
6,024 Posts
I feel like I'm too apathetic and people are put off by my obvious disinterest. When I'm out working at my internship, I try to fake interest but I just can't bring myself to socialize with the workers and don't really care to. I don't really care about doing a good job anymore but to just get rid of things and be done with it. People might think I'm a b**** or socially dumb, but whatever.

·
Registered
471 Posts
The words that come out of peoples mouth just sound like the same meaningless rhetoric over and over. When some one actually says some thing that peaks my interests I kind of snap to alertness. Like I am so used to being apathetic to conversing, when I actually want to it's like some kind of pleasant surprise.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I think I know the apathetic black hole you're talking about. It's extremely annoying and I've never been able to just "think" my way out of it with positive thoughts. It would be tremendously helpful if I had an all-consuming hobby, but I'm so damn apathetic. Everyone's good at something. I know when you're in the middle of it, it's hard to see a way out

1 - 12 of 12 Posts