Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my little sister called me today and she has an anxiety problem as well. she was telling me that she is having a ton of anxiety because a couple of girls who have no life of their own like to gossip about her life behind her back.... apparently these two girls have no lives and all they do is text message chat on their blackberry's all day.

i told her it is a compliment when brain dead teenage girls talk about people behind their backs because that means that they look up to her and wish they could be as spectacular as she is.

she didn't believe me... lol

what do i say to her to help her understand that she is better than the two girls.?????????

·
Banned
791 Posts
I would just tell her to limit their time with them and pursue activities that they are not involved in. She probably may never give them up completely as friends. Its human nature to gossip, we're all offenders. To be honest she has probably gossiped with one of these girls about the other one. I'm not condoning what those girls are doing but I've seen this behavior to some degree in pretty much every clique I've witnessed.

Or if she's feeling like a jackass she could make up a ridiculous story about herself to create gossip for them. Then maybe get herself a laugh.

·
Registered
17 Posts
just tell her she must be that important and significant in their lives for them to constantly talk about her...

people dont constantly talk about a person if they dont mean anything to them

just tell her...look at the celebrities..many of them are loved...but there is CONSTANT gossip about them and people trying to bring them down...many people are jealous of people's success and they revel in delight when they see them fall (why do u think people cant get enough of britney spears even when she was at the lowest of the low...shes still a fascination to many!)

plus, people forget gossip overtime and what she constantly thinks about is totally distant from reality

1 - 4 of 4 Posts