Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently i'm not working, or in school. I know a lot of ppl are going through this after all the lay offs in early 2009. My resume is cr*p and I haven't had the motivation to look for work, and decided on trying for a 2nd degree (the motivation isn't the best either, sorry guys, I'm feeling really down these days), so while trying to pad my application, life is going kind of part time and slow for me. Less outlets to meet ppl, and when I do, it's hard to explain my situation. I'm in my late twenties. I really hate having to explain myself...I've met new ppl and tried on occasions and they seemed turned off, especially men, potential friends as well. How do you explain lack of friends, own place, or work/school...anyone in a similar situation? or do some "pad" up their lives too while trying to attract new, potential friends, mates?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I wish I had an answer. I did manage to get and keep a job after college, but I still live at home, don't have a boyfriend, and don't have any friends outside of work. I pretty much go to work and come home. I definitely "pad up" my life to my friends at work. I always exaggerate and make my evenings/weekends sound way more exciting than they were, just because they're all extremely extroverted and outgoing and don't have a clue about my social anxiety. Nor would they ever understand it.

I know a lot of people here have boyfriends/girlfriends/spouses or simply friends, but I don't know how they do it. Even if I did find myself in a situation where I could meet a guy or make a new friend, and even if I did harness my anxiety enough to talk to them and maybe hang out, I don't know how to explain my utter lack of a social life.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts