Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all have the same fate....WE ALL DIE - end of story with me so far? (I hope so) then why should I be mr. cocky?

Why is it that women are attracted to men that are assertive, act better than everyone else, cocky, arrogant jerks?

Explain to me if we all one day WILL DIE THERE IS NO ESCAPING IT why is it that women expect us men to be complete total arrogant confident jerks? when in the end it does not matter...and furthermore why are women attracted to that type of guy when he one day will die same as the nice guy nerd. WE ALL HAVE THE SAME FATE THERE IS NO ESCAPING REASON...therefore we are all the same as a species.

..ladies feel free to comment.

·
Winter is coming
2,650 Posts
I don't see what death has to do with a relationship

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't see what death has to do with a relationship
looks like you missed the point - the point I was trying to make why should a female like a male if the males fate is the same as every other male's fate which is death ............woooosh missed the point much?

·
Registered
802 Posts
looks like you missed the point - the point I was trying to make why should a female like a male if the males fate is the same as every other male's fate which is death ............woooosh missed the point much?
Well a lot of people don't think that far in the future. Why think about death now? Especially if you're young? And you got to live in the moment and enjoy life. It does matter now.

·
Winter is coming
2,650 Posts
Why do you care? If a girl wants to choose that type of guy then she obviously isn't the one for you.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
We all have the same fate....WE ALL DIE - end of story with me so far? (I hope so) then why should I be mr. cocky?

Why is it that women are attracted to men that are assertive, act better than everyone else, cocky, arrogant jerks?

Explain to me if we all one day WILL DIE THERE IS NO ESCAPING IT why is it that women expect us men to be complete total arrogant confident jerks? when in the end it does not matter...and furthermore why are women attracted to that type of guy when he one day will die same as the nice guy nerd. WE ALL HAVE THE SAME FATE THERE IS NO ESCAPING REASON...therefore we are all the same as a species.

..ladies feel free to comment.
Because that is part of women's innate evolutionary development, to go after cocky arrogant jerks since these cocky arrogant jerks are considered alpha male. An alpha male will enable them to live longer since an alpha male is able to provide protection.

·
Banned
342 Posts
The theory that women only like jerks usually came from frustrated and fake nice guys who's trying to buy the girl's love by being her slave and being a jerk to others. Jerk.

About assertiveness, most women look for sense of security and comfort which most passive and pathetic men can't give but instead they keep whining.

·
Big Boo's Haunt
3,976 Posts
The way a person is going to die isn't what's on my mind when I'm being attracted to someone...? People don't walk around with labels of their date/time/method of death floating above them, so it's not part of the initial attraction factor at all.

·
Banned
4,130 Posts
Because that is part of women's innate evolutionary development, to go after cocky arrogant jerks since these cocky arrogant jerks are considered alpha male. An alpha male will enable them to live longer since an alpha male is able to provide protection.
This is partly true. Cocky guys are supposed to have the strong swimmers, so will give a child and be able to support them. It's evolutionary and primitive. Times are changing though, educated women who will be breadwinners haven't the need for a strong, neanderthal type even if they are attracted to them.

The theory that women only like jerks usually came from frustrated and fake nice guys who's trying to buy the girl's love by being her slave and being a jerk to others. Jerk.
This is partly true too. I've seen this way too often.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Yeah, I like guys who are very different from what you described and it's not because all of our fates are the same. It's because I like people who aren't jerks and who I can relate to. That goes for both friendships and romantic relationships. Women aren't one dimensional, same goes for guys. So these sweeping statements tend to be pretty inaccurate in my experience.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Not all women are attracted to jerks. We don't share a singular brain. Personally, arrogance and cockiness is a huge turn off for me. Can't stand being around people who think they're better than everyone else. I realize some women are attracted to this type though and I don't get it.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I realize some women are attracted to this type though and I don't get it.
Well I suppose those women are SA ridden.....I guess SA women might rather settle with quieter guys..... wrong/right? Or do they want the so called "alpha", too ? I guess not, cause Alphas are mostly extroverted and outgoing etc. Maybe not the type SA people relate to much to.;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Forget about death. Talk about life. Why would you choose to spend your life and time with somebody that you don't enjoy being around when you could spend it with somebody you have a good time with?

I've come back to this forum for about a month and it seems 90% of the posts here are about women liking 'arrogant, cocky jerks'. Yeah some of them do. In the same way that some guys like the female equivalent of that. But it's by no means everybody, no matter what anyone might tell you.

Think of all the people that you've met that have been in a relationship. Were the men ALL cocky, jerks? I think probably not.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Wow, talk about acting cocky.

Not sure if anybody has mentioned this but its mainly genetics, finding the right genes for your children, naturally confidence and assertiveness are desirable traits in a male, and thus the DNA is more desirable for your child, compared with a male who is weak and short on confidence.

Actually it's quite surprising nobody has mentioned this when its very obvious.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Not sure if anybody has mentioned this but its mainly genetics, finding the right genes for your children, naturally confidence and assertiveness are desirable traits in a male, and thus the DNA is more desirable for your child, compared with a male who is weak and short on confidence.

Actually it's quite surprising nobody has mentioned this when its very obvious.
Well I thought it would be common knowledge.

Their is also another theory that women like the nice and somewhat wealthy man for a husband, but cheat with an "alpha male" to get his better genes for the child. I reead that ca. 10% of children are actually not from the husband :no So dont wonder to much if "your" child doesn´t look like you a single bit looool.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The theory that women only like jerks usually came from frustrated and fake nice guys who's trying to buy the girl's love by being her slave and being a jerk to others

·
Registered
617 Posts
1. Alpha Male = Being himself and knows what he's doing

2. Douche/jerk = Pan

3. Nice Guy = Blind slave

Get your info right.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts