Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am christening this section with the first thread and post.

I run 24 miles a week. I try to eat healthy (not always there), but I am aware that I need vegetables.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I try to top up my vegie intake with those vegie juices and even home made soups are great for getting your vegies daily.

(oh and we must of posted a thread at the same time LOL)

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
I was working out on a regular basis with my brand new gym membership but havent gone in weeks now due to circumstances. I need to get back into the groove.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I usually work out about 4-5 times a week for 20-30 minutes each time. Lately I've been so busy that I haven't had the time or motivation and now I feel crappy! Nothing really intense, just light to moderate aerobics, strength training with 5lb dumbbells (or just body weight), yoga, and a little Pilates mixed in now and then. I would love to get a gym membership so I could have access to the cardio machines and whatnot, but it's hard enough to just pay for basic living expenses.

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
Walking more and trying to use the gazelle machine.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Finally started exercising again. Don't know why I stopped, as it makes such a big difference with my SA and just my life in general. I'm doing couch-to-5k. I never thought I'd like jogging, but this program starts you out slow and you can gradually increase the intensity. I'm actually finding it really enjoyable, and so I'm pretty excited about that because exercise has always been like a chore for me.

·
Registered
520 Posts
When I most often can, I go through a 64oz bottle of V8 every couple/few days. The healthy kind without all that sugar and extra junk. I figure that's enough to get a good dosing of the vegetables. :)

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
I run 24 miles a week. I try to eat healthy (not always there), but I am aware that I need vegetables.
I run about 24 miles a decade. I was walking everyday for awhile, but haven't lately.

I tend to eat very healthy, minus the fast food a couple times a week. I eat a cup of yogurt, a cup of fruit, and drink a cup of green tea (real green tea, not the artificial sweetened stuff) every day at work. I usually eat Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice, or Marie Callander's frozen meals at lunch (except on Tuesdays when I eat Skyline Chili, which might be the unhealthiest food in the world).

The only time in my life when I lifted weights was when I was going to the gym 3 times a week for about 9 months back about 5 years ago.

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
The biggest problem with prepared frozen food is that it usually has lots and lots of sodium in it, but I do think its a better choice, than say, fast food.

OFF TOPIC: I really dont get how this differs from the Nutrition and Exercise forum.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Until last May I used to go to gym and start lifting but now I start with 10 min. cardio. I was thinking that cardio in the beginning would tire me and I would not be able to lift but it has the opposite effect actually.

Also doing yoga really reduces the recovery that is needed. So I do three days lifting two days yoga.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Totally agree! When I get to the gym, I think, "Yuck! I don't want to do all the weight junk" but the cardio always changes my mind. I do 30 minutes almost every day. It's a guaranteed mood-lifter for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts