Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to do some exercise and it really changed my day. I went through being frustrated and angry at myself to actually feel like I had accomplished something. The rest of the day went fine and I even have the courage to talk about some of my issues with my family.

I was feeling real down and I didn't want to do anything, but I still go trought with it. Im happy that I had done so. So to everyone out there, do some exercise! It will amke you feel so much better about yourself. It doesn't matter that you won't be a pro, but the fact that you are doing something will help. Besides you will be healthier person.. and there is that thing with endorfines and all that.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I agree!! I've had my gym membership for about 8 months but never really used it much. Lately i've been feeling down and depressed so i started to go and it makes me feel much better like i actually belong somewhere.

·
Banned
2,397 Posts
I just started working out regularly again too
I plan on working out in the morning when I start school

·
Bionic Commando
375 Posts
Exercise has been a life saver for me, it takes me out of my depressive slumps when ever I get really angry I just focus that energy into lifting. Really helping me learn to love myself my SA is pretty extreme like a lot here and I can say this is the best I've felt in my life.

Really give it a good go, not just for a month do it constantly make it a habit.

·
SA PhD
125 Posts
Workout (even if it means as simple as an hour of morning walk / cycling) helps me a lot. If I stop doing workouts for days together I feel very uncomfortable and tired.
Workout helps in relieving some of the stress, I know for sure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I started exercising a few years ago to help with my moods. I am now a regular jogger and swimmer and will be for the rest of my life. I have found exercise is an effective and reliable means to improve a depressed mood almost any time. It wont fix my core problems with my brain but it does give me an excellent tool to treat the symptoms.

·
Zombie princess
258 Posts
For sure it is, exercise releases endorphin's which make you feel good, and increases your serotonin levels so it makes you feel at your best.

I try to exercise mon - fri, and eating healthy helps as well tbh.
I practically begged my mum for a treadmill last year to help with my agoraphobia its been a great help :D

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
yaaar, just got back from the gym. Pretty knackered but all those endorphins and shiz is a pick you up.

And now I'm going to waste the workout by eating a pizza, good old irony. :D

·
Registered
672 Posts
Agreed, exercise is terrific, helps you feel better and look better. If I'm tired after work and I go to the gym, I always feel better afterwards.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
It does work wonders. Like someone else said, my core problems are still there, but it gives me a "lift." I come home and think how I'm going to tackle my problems next... and am usually in the mood to do some cooking and watch a film. If I didn't go for the run, I'd be staring at the wall, wallowing in self-pity all night.

·
Registered
154,231 Posts
Exercise does wonders for me - unfortunately, I have not been able to run the last two weeks or so due to a bad cold/bronchitis, and then a nasty snow/cold spell. It got down to anywhere between -5F/-22c and -13F/-28c here this morning....unreal! Even when I am well, 2F was my record cold run. There is no way I could run today and not reactivate stuff.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Exercise does wonders for me - unfortunately, I have not been able to run the last two weeks or so due to a bad cold/bronchitis, and then a nasty snow/cold spell. It got down to anywhere between -5F/-22c and -13F/-28c here this morning....unreal! Even when I am well, 2F was my record cold run. There is no way I could run today and not reactivate stuff.
I read an article suggesting that it's kind of dangerous to run in the extreme cold because it causes the blood vessels to restrict which causes blood pressure to go higher than it normally would....basically putting more strain on the heart so be careful when it's real cold out. I know I'm about ready for some warm weather.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Off topic:
Dude, where you live? in Siberia? To bad for people who live in Europe or North America (US & Canada) have to live with that cold weather. I mean in here I think the coldest that has been its -5c. We sure have really cold weather in some places.. I couldn't live there.

·
unstable
2,590 Posts
i've heard research of exercise improving clinical depression, but haven't heard anything about the relationship between exercise and anxiety (weird, that they did not touch on that in school at all).

I'd love to get into exercise but i have a huge anxiety of gyms. Sports are out of the question as I am extremely uncoordinated and unathletic (trust me I've tried and failed) :lol I did yoga for a bit though and that made me feel so much better, but it was only a short term improvement.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.