Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Geese
20,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit of a strange one this. Usually you hear that exercise helps to ease anxious feelings thanks to the endorphins kicking into gear however for me it has never really been like that. I remember back in my soccer days that straight after a game I would be very anxious when this natural "high" is supposed to be at its peak, and again since I have started exercising again lately (running in the mornings and starting indoor soccer) I have felt quite anxious after each session.

It's quite strange because all the science points towards feeling the opposite, perhaps my severe lack of fitness and the fact my body is overstressed as a result is the reason I am feeling a little off. Strange.

·
Full circle, new highway
365 Posts
If there is more stress after the workout it is probably like you said; your body is not used to the new stimuli you are giving it and it needs a lot more time to recover.

Maybe the overstressed feeling is so acute that you hardly notice the subtlety of the endorphins?

·
Geese
20,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Makes sense guys, thanks for the replies. I think you are right, I am simply over-stressing my body to the point where I feel ill. I think this week I will take shorter more frequent jogs to slowly build my fitness levels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts