Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Ambassador of Hugs
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh snap!!! The original Evil Dead will be playing in select theaters across the country at the beginning of next year. What's more, it will be playing within a stone's throw of my hometown on the weekend of my birthday! Someone has apparently been reading my mind and accessing my most secret desires; I'd be a bit concerned about this development if the end result weren't so ridiculously awesome!

For those of you who haven't seen it (you're missing out!) "The Evil Dead" is the first film in the legendary zombie horror series by director Sam Raimi (more recently of Spiderman fame). The acting is questionable, the budget is non-existent, and Bruce Campbell's chin may just be the most fearsome thing in the film, but it is nevertheless an undisputed classic. I literally screamed for joy when I read this news, and you should too! Finally, all is right with the world.

Here's the link to the story, which also lists the participating theaters which have been announced so far. So who else is super stoked for this? http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/not-a-remake-original-evil-dead-coming-to-theaters-colea.php

·
Registered
5,996 Posts
It'd be nice if some of these older horror movies would get wide re-releases in the same way "The Exorcist" and "Alien" did a few years ago. Instead, studios are remaking them and raping their memory. I'd love for films such as "Dawn of the Dead", "Elm Street" or "Halloween" to be re-released wide, meaning that they would be in your local multiplex, not just in one theater per town. But that's not going to happen because of the cost involved and the availability of these flicks for home viewing, meaning that the box office returns for the re-release would be low. The extremely limited re-release you mention of "Evil Dead" isn't satisfying to me. We have a newly opened repertory theater in town which shows these old horror movies on the big screen but I haven't gone because I'm afraid the theater would be too crowded with hipsters and people who would talk during the movie (I hate crowded theaters). A wider release would be preferable.

·
king of the road
175 Posts
It saddens me that it won't be playing anywhere near me. I'd love to see it on the big screen.

Speaking of Evil Dead, I've heard that there is a possibility of an Evil Dead 4...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts