Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you actually believe these words? I do when I really think deep about certain situations.

·
metamorphosis
7,002 Posts
It has to. Otherwise, the universe would fall apart in a sense. Pieces in the world fit together. They wouldn't fit together if it wasn't for things having a purpose. I hope that actually made sense.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
I agree in the sense of cause and effect but I'm not sure about the other way...like it's all for your own good. I used to think so but I've been through some pretty devastating experiences the last couple of years and I can't seem to find my way back. I liked it better when I did, though. I was happier.

·
Going to war
3,928 Posts
Everything does happen for a reason you may not even know it because you can't comprehend what is happening or why it happening that why were losted.

Soon as you begin to understand then you can comprehend why it has happened in the first place.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think everything does happen for a reason even if we can't understand what it is at the time. We are given difficult experiences in order to learn lessons, and the difficulties are repeated until we learn the appropriate lesson and then we move on to the next. Also, trauma gives us the relevant experience to relate to and empathise with other people who have gone through similar so it can end up as a gift to be able to go and help others.

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
I believe some sayings are utter bull**** just to make the person feel good. I don't believe in a lot of things people say.

·
Discord all the way
5,495 Posts
I believe it because if I didn't drop out of college I wouldn't had know what I would had eaten for days. My family fallen to some money problem. Our tv and interne service was cut off. We wasn't able to pay the bill. The same for my cell phone. Plus we was getting by with little food. If I was still in college I wouldn't had a phone, food to take or internet to do my work. And months after i dropped out my parents' relationship gotten worse. Sooner or late i would had to find work just in case my Dad leaves or my Mom kick him out. I'm finding my first job right now.

The reason why I dropped out after a week of starting was because of my anxiety.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I believe God allows things to happen in our lives for a reason. To mold us into the person He wants us to be. To help others who have been in that situation. To glorify Him and so others can see Him through the things we do in our lives.
Ecclesiastes 3:1- For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under Heaven.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I believe that everything happens for a reason, yes. Firstly I believe in cause and effect (ei. things just don't happen for no reason) but I also believe that God's laws are designed for our growth and benefit and then of course there is justice but also mercy and God finds a way to make all these things fit together for us in what seems like a random life.

In other words, when I say that God has a plan for each and every one of us I dont necessarily mean that God sat down with a pen and pencil and worked out a plan for us one by one but rather it is just in God's nature for his creation to work out according to a divine plan. God doesn't need to work at it, it just happens that way because that's who God is and how he does things.

·
6,040 Posts
Depends on what you mean by that.

If you are using it as part of a religious speech about how God is just testing our faith when **** happens or that he has a secret plan for us and we should embrace our current pain in order to receive a promised future(so hypothetical) happiness, then I do not believe that statement. It's like saying: '' She was shot dead because she was a great person and God wanted to take her to Heaven''. BULL****!

If you simply mean: ''There is a cause for every effect'', then yes, it's true.

·
Lone Wolf
993 Posts
Much like most things people say it's ****ing bull****.

·
today's a beautiful day
2,217 Posts
I believe it because if I didn't drop out of college I wouldn't had know what I would had eaten for days. My family fallen to some money problem. Our tv and interne service was cut off. We wasn't able to pay the bill. The same for my cell phone. Plus we was getting by with little food. If I was still in college I wouldn't had a phone, food to take or internet to do my work. And months after i dropped out my parents' relationship gotten worse. Sooner or late i would had to find work just in case my Dad leaves or my Mom kick him out. I'm finding my first job right now.

The reason why I dropped out after a week of starting was because of my anxiety.
sry to hear that =(
thats hard times you have there...

·
today's a beautiful day
2,217 Posts
For me, lately i see and find good things in every thing that happens to me...

So am really starting to believe maybe things happen for a reason, for me to be happy:yes

·
Registered
952 Posts
It depends on what you mean by that phrase. Are things interrelated? Of course. Is there a causal purpose for every event? In a sense.... Is the universe conspiring to give you x, y, or z? A dubious proposition and a dangerous one.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
I do. Because everything God creates has a reason and a task. So live and happenings have a reason and meaning. Wether it is positive or negative. Every action or hardship is meant to put your focus on God and His ways.

·
Banned
5,789 Posts
Many smaller items, when joined with bigger items, can create one large picture, but not all small items matter.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Of course everything happens for a reason. God made it that way. Jesus was crucified, died, was buried and rose again to pay for our sins, he was the ultimate sacrifice for God. Job went trough all that suffering and loss then was gifted with more than he had for showing his loyalty to God. Paul was a killer of Christians, chief of all sinners and was shown God's power by being knocked off his donkey eventually becoming one of the best apostles.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Not everything may happen for a reason although they can be explained. And then again, we may not know all the reasons even if they exist.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Everything does happen for a reason because God made it that way. He knows who we are since He created us and always loves us. Believe that He has a plan for our lives.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts