Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
kept in His hands
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Everything Happens For A Reason"
Author Unknown

Sometimes people come into your life and you know right away that they were meant to be there.....to serve some sort of purpose, teach you a lesson, or help figure out who you are, or who you want to become.

You never know who these people may be, but when you lock eyes with them, you know that very moment that they will affect your life in some profound way.

And sometimes things happen to you at the time that may seem horrible, painful and unfair, but in reflection you realize that without overcoming those obstacles you would have never realized your potential, strength, will power, or heart.

Everything happens for a reason. Nothing happens by chance or by means of good luck. Illness, injury, love, lost moments of true greatness, and sheer stupidity all occur to test the limits of your soul.

Without these small tests, life would be like a smoothly paved, straight, flat road to nowhere. Safe and comfortable, but dull and utterly pointless.

The people you meet affect your life. The successes and downfalls that you experience can create who you are, and the bad experiences can be learned from. In fact, they are probably the most poignant and important ones.

Let this encourage you in times of trouble.

·
The Awesome One!
1,023 Posts
:agree Well said TruSeeker,

I certainly believe in everything happens for a reason and if something challenging keeps happening to you then there is a lesson for you to learn. This only became clear to me in about the last 5 months after I started making a lot of progress regarding my SA.

In the past I felt helpless and used to ask 'Why me?'. Now I ask, 'How can I get what I want and enjoy the process?' and know that I will get what I want because one way or another there will be support!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Thanks for that, the people who were mean to me in school really helped me realize my stregnths, and i'm what i guess you could call a 'survivor' i've been through alot in my life in terms of family and school, and i learned that i'm a really strong person, and i havent comitted suicide over the things that have happened, but rather learned that i could really use what has been given to me through these experiences for great things, and get back my own way through becoming who i want to be.

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
While I don't exactly believe that everything happens for a reason, I do believe there are some things that don't just happen by chance.

One reason I say this is because someone who is suffering some sort of terrible disease or even SA say things like this happen for a reason as if maybe God or some other power caused the illness, which doesn't make much sense.

I do believe that people can learn from their problems and weaknesses and that God allows us to build character and endurance by dealing with trials in life.
And that he won't rescue us from all problems but help us to cope. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts