Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is precisely my problem when I enter a room/area with a lot of people. A few months ago I entered a classroom that I thought was empty, but was actually full with 30 kids and a teacher from last period's class. The teacher laughed and told me to sit down, and then asked me some questions to kind of put me on the spot and tease me a little. I damn near couldn't speak. I was so discombobulated and my voice was cracking so badly that I'm sure it was easily noticeable how nervous I was.

But this is a common occurance. Damn, I've got to go to another graduation party tonight and the whole time I'm worried about what other people are thinking about me at that very moment. The second I walk into the party, I'll be totally conscious of my every move and action. That is why I would prefer to be alone, all by myself where I can just freaking relax.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I know how you feel. I always feel like people are judging me. I hate being the center of attention. I would have been mortified if I had been in your situation. It doesn't get much worse than walking into a room and realizing it is full of people and they are ALL looking at you:eek:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts