Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to always get that dreaded feeling that all my acquaintances, wherever they may be, are out having a good time while I sit in front of my computer screen with a glazed look over my eyes. I just feel so alone in the world. And the only person who is at fault is me.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Yeah i feel this way right now. of course not ALL the people we know are out, but it could be. And a lot of them are, I'd stay from facebook/twitter for this reason. Believe you me if i had money I'd be out somewhere.

·
Banned
133 Posts
I learned to challenge this because many people (millions) are sitting at home and wondering the same thing. There are millions of social phobics out there, sitting at home alone because they are too scared to go outside. So, what I learned is that I should get out and establish myself as a leader because there are tons of people out there looking for someone to add to their life. And keep in mind that there are many factors that cause one to have social anxiety, including ones you do not have control over such as genetics and how you were raised as a child. Remove the blame from yourself so that you can get out there and start doing things!

·
Time Lord
178 Posts
I think about that all the time...because it always seems like people are doing all kinds of great stuff, while i am not
it's kind of depressing
...I hope that not EVERYBODY is having a great time while we are not...that would fail...:|

·
Registered
1 Posts
Light at the end of the tunnel

My heart goes out to you guys. I KNOW what you went through because I was HORRIBLY shy for years. In research for my book, GOOD-BYE TO SHY, I found lots of STUDIES proving that Shys put themselves down unnecessarily.

In fact, the more they think about a social situation that happened in the past, the WORSE gets in their minds. Please don't don't do that to yourselves. I PROMISE you, you have more social skills than you think you have. Please realize that has been PROVEN.

With great empathy,
Leil Lowndes, author of "Good-bye to Shy."
http://www.amazon.com/Goodbye-Shy-S...=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251051291&sr=8-5

1 - 8 of 8 Posts