Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know someone who works at Old Navy, part of their job is to dress the mannequins. In job description it says you need to know current style trends, but since everyone is into different styles how do you know what to dress them in? Do men and women dress opposite sex mannequins?

Anyone else work in clothing store, how do they teach you to dress mannequins in a mostly casual, family store?

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
I know someone who works at Old Navy, part of their job is to dress the mannequins. In job description it says you need to know current style trends, but since everyone is into different styles how do you know what to dress them in? Do men and women dress opposite sex mannequins?

Anyone else work in clothing store, how do they teach you to dress mannequins in a mostly casual, family store?
I'm going to assume, since all the mannequins look the same in every store, that fashion is whatever corporate headquarters tells you it is.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I used to work at a department store and once I had to dress a female mannequin. I was told to dress it up in whatever I thought looked good.

I assume most stores just slap on whatever new s*** they have in stock.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Corporate comes up with how each mannequin is supposed to look like where I work. At least when we first get a new floorset. Each room has a different style so the mannequins are dressed accordingly.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Corporate comes up with how each mannequin is supposed to look like where I work. At least when we first get a new floorset. Each room has a different style so the mannequins are dressed accordingly.
Is there a guide you follow? Do you have to use something for each category like (shirt,dress,pants,jeans,shorts,hat, sandals,shoes, accessories?)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Is there a guide you follow? Do you have to use something for each category like (shirt,dress,pants,jeans,shorts,hat, sandals,shoes, accessories?)
Yea there is a guide. There are pictures that show exactly how the mannequins should look. I don't know exactly if they have to use something from each category but usually they do. Visual Merchandiser's are the people who do this so I don't know all the rules. But they take those mannequins seriously.

·
Spirit of Vengeance
5,301 Posts
I used to work at a department store and once I had to dress a female mannequin. I was told to dress it up in whatever I thought looked good.

I assume most stores just slap on whatever new s*** they have in stock.
I work at a department store and in the past they just dressed the mannequin in whatever seasonal new clothes came in. And yes sometimes the mannequins were dressed in laughably bad outfits by workers that just grabbed random clothes from the new inventory.

Anyone ever put lipstick on the male mannequins?

I never did, I was just checking.
:teeth

·
^ Smells like teen spirit
996 Posts
There is a shop that I walk past most days on the way to the shops and the mannequins always seem to have their nipples in the wrong place, usually mannequins don't have hard nipples do they, I have a feeling the shop owners just put something in there, but they always seem too high like they are on top on the boobs lol, very strange, I can never help staring as I walk past.

·
Very Quiet
2,933 Posts
When I was a young Daveyboy..
I would peep down the lady mannequins shirts
to see if they were wearing Under-Cuppies..

They were not..:eek:.. ...haha

·
ugly ****
7,763 Posts
it depends really.. like i know mens trend a lot but have no idea about womens fashion, but yesterday i saw a male makeup artist working on a female, hes pretty hot btw, i thought he must get so many pussies

1 - 13 of 13 Posts