Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes I think I would say and do things differently if I knew I could always rewind it and take it back. Any one else feel the same way?

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
I would go straight back to the age of the Vikings where I could meet the original people who gave me my last name. I would probably have a brew as well lol ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes if only I could have had a time machine...
But I can say this to you...
Today, be aware of how you are spending your 1,440 beautiful moments, and spend them wisely.
Good Luck

·
finished uni!
449 Posts
Sometimes...but then I remember that that's not the way God meant it to be. Our mistakes and regrets are what gives us experience (it's part and parcel of life)...and besides it's theoretically impossible to build a time machine.

·
finished uni!
449 Posts
Never say never!
Sorry, I stand corrected:

© Apple has built a © Time Machine

No, seriously there is not one shred of evidence that time travel (by more than a few seconds) is theoretically and/or practically possible...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Sometimes...but then I remember that that's not the way God meant it to be. Our mistakes and regrets are what gives us experience (it's part and parcel of life)...and besides it's theoretically impossible to build a time machine.
Why is god and theory in the same paragraph.

·
Banned
448 Posts
Do I ever. So many regrets, so many mistakes...

You know, even though science isn't capable of doing this at the present time, from what I understand it is at least possible to do this in theory. I don't expect it to happen in our lifetime. Still, the idea is intriguing.

·
killer of conversations
10,545 Posts
My head spins at the thought of that actually being possible. I think I'd get too excited and do stupid things like flick random people in the back of the head, then quickly leap ahead a year before they see me...and repeat. Lol. Clearly my time machine would be put to good use!

·
···---···
3,375 Posts
Yes, but I guess we all have things in our past we'd like to do differently having the benefit of hindsight. It used to bother me tremendously... all the things I regretted and things I wished I could do differently. But as I've gotten older it has bothered me less and less. I've come to accept where I've ended up and the things I've missed out in the past don't matter as much.

·
unashamed perv
1,786 Posts
Yes, sometimes I do. But it's never, oh, sorry Zeddicus, ;) highly unlikely to ever happen. So the best thingh you can do is learn from experience, and don't make the same mistakes twice.

For example, when I crashed my bicycle into the back of a car, not looking where I was going, I smashed somebody's tail light and cut my knee, requiring stitches and letting down the people at the job I was rushing to. I was furious with myself for doing something so stupid, and I wished I could go back in time and, well, be less stupid. But I couldn't, so I just had to resolve never to do it again. I learned my lesson - leave for work in plenty of time and look where you're going!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I wish this every day of my life, I wish I could go back to around the 6th grade thats about where my life went to crap. It makes me so sad that this isn't possible, mabey in the future.

·
Rock Kicker
22 Posts
I wish this every day of my life, I wish I could go back to around the 6th grade thats about where my life went to crap. It makes me so sad that this isn't possible, mabey in the future.
Wow. I was going to come and say the same thing.

I, too, would go back to sixth grade when this all started. (I made the decision at that time to form the identity of the "shy" girl who never talked....just to be different. And I've never been the same). If only I hadn't done that, I'd likely have a somewhat normal social life now.

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
Yes, I do. There are so many things I would change. I find it hard to believe the amount of stupid things I have said in my short lifetime. There are also many oppurtunities that I've missed and people that I've pushed away.

I don't think I would try to fit in with the popular kids, though. I like being an unique individual. I'm glad I was never part of the crowd. Being an outcast helped me to think for myself and form my own unique beliefs.

I wish I would have known about self-help sites and forums, when I was in school. For some reason, I never had the attitude that I could change my life around until I was already out of high school. I just accepted myself as being a loser and did my best to survive.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts