Votes: 104 85.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 14.8%
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Monster
6,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever had a best friend? As in, one who also considered you his or her best friend.

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts

·
dazed and confused
960 Posts
Yes, but only online, not in "real life".

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
I did at one time. We were friends since the fourth grade. Things have gone downhill in the last couple of years. We haven't talked for almost two months. I'm betting it is over. The way things have been going, I can't say that it makes me sad.

·
SAS Member
14,430 Posts
I did have two friends when i was younger. We used to hang out together all the time. I guess they both were my best friends. They were both pretty fun to hang out with and they didn't mind if i didn't talk a lot which was nice. They kinda were the silent types also, but not because they were shy like me.

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
hmm, probably from 1st grade until 6th or 8th i would have various best friends. there was a lot i hid from my last best friend though, and really when you are so young friendships are so different so i feel like it doesn't count.

and it was all downhill from there. even when i'm friends one of my major difficulties is a) being comfortable around someone alone and b) opening up.

the second is getting much better but the first is still a big problem. i haven't had a really close friend in years. i've been told from a friend i used to know that i should really try to feel comfortable around him since i am "best friend material", thats not bad right?

still depresses me that i can't ****ing do that though

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
Yes. We've known each other for 36 years. I met him when i was 13. His kids are my age. I spend Sunday afternoons with him and we can talk about anything.

·
taking a break from SAS
1,408 Posts
I had 3 close friends growing up, even now we keep in touch inspite of being in different countries. I am happy for having had atleast a normal childhood.

·
Registered
10,481 Posts
I had one once, but I lost touch with him when I moved to Siberia....I mean the U.P. of Michigan. I did found a picture of him online. He is a big shot architect now. I wouldn't of recognize him if I seen him on the street. He has changed a lot since I last seen him which would of been 1994. I thought of getting in touch, but I chickened out. My life compared to him is too pitiful. He got married, ended up having a couple of kids, probably earns a 6 figure salary. While I am sitting here alone and miserable.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
No

·
Registered
428 Posts
I had a best friend from about age three until I graduated from high school. She lived across the street and did all the talking for me for most of my childhood. It was great, I relied on her for everything. Then she became a real adult, and I'm still waiting for that transformation . . .

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
Yes. A few times, amazingly. I think I said one time in one other thread, but I've thought about it, and it's been more than one.

One was in I was preschool, we did everything together. This was before my sa really started acting up. I've seen her twice since. The last time she had gotten in a really bad accident and was disabled.
I had one in 4th and 5th grade, this extremely nice boy. We'd spend a lot of time lying in the grass and talking. That was big for me, because I didn't ever let anyone get that close to me. Haven't since, either.
Three, in 7th and 8th grade, though I didn't really consider two of them my best friends. We hung out a lot (never all together, because the third one didn't like the other two) when I was as school and they invited me places, but mom said no, so I didn't go. We started growing apart in 8th grade and then, we didn't talk anymore. I do see one of them quite often when I go to this one grocery store, but I've only seen the other one once and she was pregnant. The third one moved to Indiana in the middle of 8th grade, if I remember correctly. I didn't keep up with her, so losing her friendship was my own fault.
The last one was a really cool guy. We shared everything and he would drag me places. That was about the only time I would go out and actually stay out of the house for more than an hour. Sadly, he moved away at the beginning of the year and communication has dwindled down to an email every now and then, and two calls since.

I miss them all, too.

·
Registered
330 Posts
In elementary school, I had a few, then again, back in high school. However, I think only a few those friendships were truly real, the rest were just taking advantage of me for various reasons. I guess it's better than being alone. Sometimes I wonder. :|

·
Monster
6,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow, I thought there would be more who haven't.

Oh well, anyone want to be mine?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts