Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once in awhile I have a chance to interact with someone.- To my surprise it will work really well.-I'll feel fairly comfortable,enjoy the interaction and can tell they liked talking to me. It's as if it was the right mood,time,place - like the planets all miraculously aligned. However,the next time I see them,I feel overwhelmed. I know I can't pull it off again. The person they liked and thought was interesting,well now they'll see that was a one time deal. I "performed" well,but it can't be duplicated again. Can you relate?

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
Heck, yes.
I feel that about almost every interaction I have that is anywhere near successful. If it's with someone I doubt I'll meet again, it won't bother me too much, but if it's with someone I'll have to see again and again, well, then I worry that I won't be able to keep up these 'successful interactions' and they'll think I'm insane because I was just fine and confident one day and now I'm silent and weird the next day.

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly!!

·
Painfully Shy Guy
418 Posts
Yes. It almost seems like every positive interaction is soon followed by a series of dismal failures.

·
Registered
139 Posts
i hate when i feel like ive had a successful interaction but nothing comes from it - the person doesnt talk to me again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts