Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Out there...
5,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does it seem to be that way for me? I woke up feeling like this, but I don't know if that makes any difference. I tried imagining myself in a couple of certain scenarios in which they most certainly would make the average person happy (or a lot happier), and I couldn't see myself as feeling any better. Every time I think I've improved, it's as almost if there's something out there that suddenly comes along and makes me think otherwise. Why do I feel this way? It never ends…

·
uggla
10,068 Posts
Why does it seem to be that way for me? I woke up feeling like this, but I don't know if that makes any difference. I tried imagining myself in a couple of certain scenarios in which they most certainly would make the average person happy (or a lot happier), and I couldn't see myself as feeling any better.

Every time I think I've improved, it's as almost if there's something out there that suddenly comes along and makes me think otherwise. Why do I feel this way? It never ends…
Imagining yourself being "happy" while being depressed could be compared to imagining yourself as being physically healthy if you've been sick for years. We forget how it's supposed to feel. The depression can become such a big part of a you that you feel like being depressed is what defines you as a person.

Something that comes along? Like what? Could your internal voice be the biggest villain?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I know what you mean by those things that come along when we're feeling better that gets us down again. They're inevitable.
Yeah, depression feels like an infinite loop. Just keep yourself busy or distract yourself. It's hard, I know that first hand, but there's no other way to feel better.

·
Aimless
710 Posts
If you're depressed, you think that you'll be depressed forever; if you're happy, you think that you'll be happy forever. But life is full of surprises.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts