Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel I do this alot, like two weeks before a class ends I am thinking to myself "ok If I do this I may pass or I may be lucky and get a C". Then in the end you end up with an A or B. On my second math test I was telling myself at worst I got a 50, maybe a 60 something hopefully, because even though I studied I had my doubts if I knew it, got my test back today and it was a 97. It seems like most classes have been this way except for english 102, and that teacher was a *****, I don't care how good you write she will come up with a essays worth of comments on your drafts. To make it worse she will start off telling you how good you were at topic, information choosing, format, ect and make you feel like "hey I did pretty good, I won't have to change my draft much." Then when you get past the first 1 or 2 sentences of comments she rubs it in you face with every little problem she can come up with.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I feel what you're saying somewhat-but i concsoisly underestimate myslef-i do it on purpose becase sometimes, u just never know-what u thoughtwas good may not be afterall and i do get a better grade than i estimtaed most of the time-its like a way of not gettinng ur hopes up or ending up disappointed for me

·
Registered
14 Posts
I underestimate myself all the time. If you had asked me what my final grade was going to be in 4 of my classes, I would of told you C' or D's. I ended up getting A's or B's. I remember after taking my final in my Research Methods course, and I was so bummed out afterwards. I was sure that I had failed that test. I cried and everything. I ended up getting a 94%. Boy, did I feel stupid. It's almost scary to think I feel so poorly about my ability to master material.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh class ended last week so I won't ever have to put up with her again, and english 102 should have been my last english class I will have to ever take unless I misunderstand something.

·
anhedonic
2,005 Posts
I've been pretty lucky with my English teachers. I just finished English 102 myself. I was pretty happy that I got an A+ in that class until she posted the final class results. Yes, I got an A, but so did literally half the class.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well I got an F on my final english paper, final grade for the class was a B though, apparently I had some problems in my quotes and she said it was plagiarism even though I fixed that draft as best I could and gave me an F, I wish I could have read the comments but her writing is to messed up to understand what half of it says.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kind of funny I got a B because on the assignment paper she clearly says that you can not pass without doing this paper, I fail the paper, which is as good as not doing it and still get a overall grade of B.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts