Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
I've really only had feelings for one person, and that was a while ago. The feeling was mutual between us, but neither of us initiated anything. I've been on the opposite end though, knowing someone who liked me but I left it unrequited.

·
Banned
791 Posts
I've really only had feelings for one person, and that was a while ago. The feeling was mutual between us, but neither of us initiated anything. I've been on the opposite end though, knowing someone who liked me but I left it unrequited.
You should look up the girl from high school if that's where she is from & ask her out. No offense but its annoying when people like each other and don't do anything about it!

·
Magnanimous carcinoma
6,888 Posts
I've never been in love, but I currently have a crush on someone who most likely cannot stand me. Honestly, I can't even fathom someone actually liking me, let alone sharing mutual feelings of adoration with someone. Loving someone who will never love me back seems like the only possibility. Not that I wouldn't be open to 'doing it' with someone who hated me, because that has tremendous appeal to my inner self-loathing.

·
Hiding In My Den
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was in the same situation. If he does hate you and is not just mad at you, it is best to just let him go. Because that is all you can do.
Yea I know...so hard not to email him thought :( I really don't understand how he can just cut me of like this...I mean sure what I did was bad but I think what he did was worse, he could try to understand. I thought he was the nicest sweetest guy I'd ever met but I also thought he was the most honest (which turned out to not be true 1 bit...if anything hes 1 of the least honest people I've ever met). I guess he's not nice or sweet either...just a good faker.

·
Hiding In My Den
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've never been in love, but I currently have a crush on someone who most likely cannot stand me. Honestly, I can't even fathom someone actually liking me, let alone sharing mutual feelings of adoration with someone. Loving someone who will never love me back seems like the only possibility. Not that I wouldn't be open to 'doing it' with someone who hated me, because that has tremendous appeal to my inner self-loathing.
I'd never be with someone who hated me but the rest I can relate to. I don't think anyone will ever love me or like me as more then a friend. It hurts so bad.

·
Banned
40 Posts
No never, though everytime there is one in the relationship who loves more than the other and was who is more depent on the relationship. I could not image fall in love with somebody that doesnt love or like me, because this would be something that wont even let me fall in love with someone, if someone dont care about me he could be the nicest guy on planet, but not for me.

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
Yes, but too much time has passed to rekindle what we had. Living with regrets sucks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oh, yes. And sometimes it's hard to understand that them not loving you isn't your fault. I have to remind myself of how sometimes I see absolutely gorgeous people that I wouldn't want to even date. In other words, you can be a wonderful, beautiful person but they don't feel that spark for you. And that has nothing to do with you. Plus, sparks fade and if they aren't the kind of person that can love someone for being wonderful--then avoid them like the plague. Those are the types that will leave you for sex, drugs, and other "sparks."

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Sort of. In a previous relationship (back when I was in my teens) I had a guy fall out of love with me (drugs and other women took more of a priority with him by that point, which actually made me doubt he'd ever truly been in love with me in the first place) and end our relationship - while at the time I still felt as if I was in love with him. It was a painful experience. However, I soon got over it thankfully.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.