Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've just started treatment for generalized anxiety and my doctor put me on Escitalopram (aka Lexapro) and Trazodone to help me sleep.
I'm a bit worried (surprise) about the side effects and I would like to hear if anyone has taken these and how was your experience like?
I'm having headaches (all day long yesterday) and stomach -problems-. 11 days today in treatment.

I get really anxious about taking medication in general so that probably doesn't help. I took Trazodone for 2 nights only, but I was dreaming and waking up even more than usual. So I'm just on Escitalopram 20mg but haven't reached the full dosage yet.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm on generic Lexapro 20 mg. One thing I have noticed is that my speech feels different. I was on Paroxetine a while ago and it seemed to work better for me. But each person is different; in terms of biochemistry, etc. So what may work for me may not work so well for someone else. I'm sorry to hear about your side-effect symptoms. Hopefully they will subside. If not, can you ask your doctor about it? I also have medication anxiety. It was mainly anxiety about swallowing the pills, since the Olanzapine I am on has the possible side-effect of trouble swallowing, which I have. So I started taking them with applesauce and it's fine, now.

Do you feel less anxious on the Escitalopram? For me, it definitely helped with my panic attacks. I have not had one for years, since I began taking it. Before that time, I was having them regularly and long in duration.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm on generic Lexapro 20 mg. One thing I have noticed is that my speech feels different. I was on Paroxetine a while ago and it seemed to work better for me. But each person is different; in terms of biochemistry, etc. So what may work for me may not work so well for someone else. I'm sorry to hear about your side-effect symptoms. Hopefully they will subside. If not, can you ask your doctor about it? I also have medication anxiety. It was mainly anxiety about swallowing the pills, since the Olanzapine I am on has the possible side-effect of trouble swallowing, which I have. So I started taking them with applesauce and it's fine, now.

Do you feel less anxious on the Escitalopram? For me, it definitely helped with my panic attacks. I have not had one for years, since I began taking it. Before that time, I was having them regularly and long in duration.
How long were they if you do not mind me asking? Thanks :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts