Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I, um. This is going to sound really stupid, but I recently got into a relationship with a boy, let's name him Jim. He... It's going great, really, I love it. But he knows I have SA, so I can't stop thinking that he's doing it out of pity because I confessed to him. I don't know if it has any foundation to it and I don't know why he'd do that because I don't think he'd lose his first kiss to a girl he just pities, but Jim is a really nice person.
He's too nice, too gentlemanly, really too good for someone like me. I keep thinking that maybe he doesn't like me at all, and we've been together for a month now. I know, a month seems like nothing. It's too early to be worrying about that. And what if he isn't doing it out of pity, but one day when he stops liking me he'll refuse to break it off because he knows? I don't... know.

I think I'll just curl up and die here.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I, um. This is going to sound really stupid, but I recently got into a relationship with a boy, let's name him Jim. He... It's going great, really, I love it. But he knows I have SA, so I can't stop thinking that he's doing it out of pity because I confessed to him. I don't know if it has any foundation to it and I don't know why he'd do that because I don't think he'd lose his first kiss to a girl he just pities, but Jim is a really nice person.
He's too nice, too gentlemanly, really too good for someone like me. I keep thinking that maybe he doesn't like me at all, and we've been together for a month now. I know, a month seems like nothing. It's too early to be worrying about that. And what if he isn't doing it out of pity, but one day when he stops liking me he'll refuse to break it off because he knows? I don't... know.

I think I'll just curl up and die here.
You are not responsible for how others feel. You love him , he loves you. Period.

Live the life and don't let your low esteem beet you down . Life is experiences .. live it , enjoy it , learn from it.. don't pre -empt it...

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, Twine! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Twine welcome. :hyper

1 - 4 of 4 Posts