Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· She-Wolf
5,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i find it embarrassing to talk about (its much easier to bring up on a forum than with ppl in person tho...), but my feet tend to never smell very nice.

and it's really really embarrassing. cause i know that it's obvious... if i notice it easily when i'm just sitting down in a normal position then i'm sure others who are near me have too. :/

anyone know what i can do about this? are there special insoles (must be thin to fit in my shoes) that would help? anyone have this problem too?

i think it's worse when i wear socks or tights but its still noticeable without them.

my normal shoes are flats, and i have few pairs that i alternate.
i of course wash my feet (in shower and before i leave the house or once i get home) but ever afterwards if i put baby powder than lotion and briefly wash the inside of my shoes, when i go out and start walking or sweat after a short amount of time (my normal travel time to get somewhere) then they are noticeable again. it makes me INCREDIBLY self-conscious, especially if i have to go to someones house and take off my shoes.

· Registered
2,418 Posts
I have the same problem. The excessive sweating started up about four years ago. A gene turned on, I guess. I'd come home, take off my shoes & socks, and leave behind a visible footprint on the concrete floor, as if I just stepped out of the shower.

I was going through a pair of shoes a month. I'd have to keep throwing shoes out because they were hopelessly fouled.

I tried all sorts of different things (odor eater inserts, powders, sprays) but the only thing that helped was a very strong antiperspirant. Note: an antiperspirant is not a deodorant; a deodorant masks bad smells, an antiperspirant prevents sweating.

The antiperspirant I use is called Degree Clinical Protection. The primary ingredient is Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex (20%). Gillette also makes a strong antiperspirant, but it's not as good as Degree, in my opinion.

The antiperspirant comes in a creme. You put it on before bed, and it lasts 24 hours, even if you take a shower in the morning.

It has completely solved this problem.

· Just me.
63 Posts
Through trial an error, I've found that sprinkling a little Arm and Hammer baking powder in my shoes before wearing them eliminates foot odor. The powder kills bacteria in feet sweat.

Also, nylons cause excessive feet sweating and should be avoided at all costs. Many types of socks also cause stinky feet, particularly socks made of synthetic or "acrylic" materials. Try using only 100% cotton socks. These will absorb the sweat on your feet and reduce the odor.

Good luck!

· Banned
4,660 Posts

· Banned
4,660 Posts
Before I buy it, to clarify did your feet also smell through your shoes?
Not sure what you mean. But my shoes used to stink up an entire living room. You can probably smell them from like 20 feet away :surprise:

The great thing about the powder is I only applied it for like 10-15 times per pair of footwear and it lasts for months after that without needing to be applied again.

Might not work for everyone but definitely worth investigating and trying at least once.

· Registered
4 Posts
This is weird but my shoes only smell when my feet ARE IN THEM. Idk how it's possible but if I take my shoes off I don't have stinky feet or smelly shoes. But in class they always smell and I tried a lot of things and nothing has worked so far.

· Registered
4 Posts
What I meant was that my shoes only smell when my feet are in them and is very noticeable. But if I take them off my feet or shoes they don't smell bad. I feel like it smells cause my feet give out a ordur when it's in shoes only.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.