Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes it feels like it's harder to break my habits in front of people who know me. They're so used to me that I don't want to make them scratch their heads or point out loudly that I'm doing something different than before. They have expectations.

When I spend almost a year in London I found it easier to be outgoing. It's strange saying that I was outgoing because compared to others I was still stuck up in my own little self. But to me I was one step ahead. *Until someone popped my balloon and I knew it was time to come home.

Once I came back I made other steps forwards. But things slowed back down to their previous pace soon enough. Being home made it just too easy to fall back into my old habits.

Comfort zone. Little box.

·
roarrrr
4,876 Posts
I can relate. That's how it was with my transition from high school to college. In high school everyone expected me to be quiet & shy, so much so that whenever I tried to break out they made a big deal about it which only sent me back into fear & shyness.

When I went to college - it was a fresh start - nobody knew me. So I was able to shape myself as to how I wanted to be. With each new semester I'm in front of different people so its always beneficial for me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts