Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Encountered two situations that would normally cause me to retreat

Should be *two* in the title

Yesterday, I walked two nature trails. At each trail I encountered a situation that would normally cause me to quit walking, but I continued anyway.

At the first place I saw a large group of young guys heading back to the parking lot. Normally upon seeing this I would have turned my car around. They didn't look very friendly, but I chose to walk in their direction without hesitation.

Later at another trail I saw some people making out. Their backs were to me and I saw them from a distance(trail was a straight path along a field and marsh). I could have easily turned back without no one being the wiser. The guy was hugging the girl from behind and probably worse as they slowly walked the trail :D It was tempting to head back, but I decided that it was a public trail and I wasn't going to let them prevent me from enjoying myself. I was still far behind them, but they stopped when they finally realized that they weren't alone. They both looked angry, but hey that's their problem. Saw the guy reach down to pick up a stone and thought he might have been thinking of trying something. I continued anyway and eventually caught up with them. I even topped it off by saying "hi" as I passed. I should have told them to get a room :lol After I passed them my dog stopped and I had to turn around to get her moving again. They appeared to be at it again and definitely more than mere hugging this time. :no Thankfully, I was quickly able to get my dog moving again

·
wondering
65 Posts
Yesterday, I walked two nature trails. At each trail I encountered a situation that would normally cause me to quit walking, but I continued anyway.

It was tempting to head back, but I decided that it was a public trail and I wasn't going to let them prevent me from enjoying myself.
Woo-hoo...you took a one-two punch and you're still standing..good stuff! :boogie

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone! Have been feeling much braver lately. I hope I stay that way :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts