Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
immortal in the making
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just before i go to bed, i have to ask this question which is bugging me. does anyone else here often find that there is nothing going on in their head? for example, physically, you look like you are daydreaming, and when asked by someone what you are thinking about, you actually cant explain to them what you were thinking, because you cant think of what you might have been thinking.
i frequently find myself just sitting (or standing) and when it finally hits me that time is still moving, wondering what i was actually doing. wasting my time empty minded.
it's not all the time, i do think and dream sometimes. but i just wanna know if it's normal, or if there's a reason for it.
cheers!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
It is pretty common here,

Inattentive ADD

Inattentive students often seem to be paying attention as they sit quietly, and, indeed, they may stare directly at the instructor for an entire class period. Yet, during this time, their thoughts have drifted from the real world around them.

They often have difficulties acquiring the basic communication skills necessary for socialization with peers and for negotiation with authority figures. Their inability to maintain concentration makes them poor listeners, and their lack of assertiveness makes it easy for them to be overlooked and to be lost in the crowd.

http://www.adda-sr.org/reading/Artic...nattentive.htm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts