Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took one, 106 questions long, on the internet and got a general score of 60. The average is like 110 or so. What is your "EQ"? If I were to pretend my social anxiety were non-existent I would actually still be below average. I was actually thinking it would be rather high since I sometimes dwell on thoughts about every god damn social phobic thought patterns, like analyzing every social situation and events with the possibility of embarrassment.

This one: http://www.queendom.com/tests/access_page/index.htm?idRegTest=1121 (you don't need to pay unless you want details)

I also took this other personality test (Myers Briggs), and it said I'm introverted (duh, lol) and I that have a high chance of getting taken advantage of. I am definitely scared when I graduate from college to start working at a real job. [EDIT: 3 years later and things are still bleak. Bwahaha. Why do I laugh at this...]

This is really concerning, I may be a future sadistic psychopath. Just imagine my mental decline (or I guess...ours) when I'm (we
re) in my(our) 40's or 50's

How does a hermit stay sane?

·
Registered
35 Posts
i got 102, which is still below average. i did well at identifying emotions in others, but poorly on identifying and resolving emotions in myself.

·
Magnanimous carcinoma
6,888 Posts
People with social anxiety are prone to having low emotional intelligence, and I'm no exception...

Snapshot Report
Subscale IQ score = 82
Subscale percentile = 13
According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is somewhat poor. People who score like you may at times feel that they have trouble dealing with their own emotions and those of others. They sometimes struggle to overcome difficulties in their lives and they are not always able to control their moods. It may be hard for them to understand how best to motivate themselves to overcome obstacles and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions difficult at times, for several reasons. They may have trouble allowing themselves to get close with others, finding it difficult to be vulnerable enough to establish intimacy or perhaps lacking understanding of, or comfort with, social interactions. Perhaps by working on your problem areas, you can become more confident in dealing with your own emotions and those of others.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
I got a 91 with a subscale 26. Man all these tests are working against me!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got a 65 with a Subscale percentile at 1 (what does subscale percentile mean?). I got a 1 in it...:blank

I've never liked tests like these, they just seem so flawed. Except one test I took for a career class, it cost about $20 and really long but was better than the normal.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I got a 65 with a Subscale percentile at 1 (what does subscale percentile mean?). I got a 1 in it...:blank

I've never liked tests like these, they just seem so flawed. Except one test I took for a career class, it cost about $20 and really long but was better than the normal.
I think it's the percentage of people who scored lower than us. I think it's safe to say I'm leading the state in emotional dumbness.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I got 58. heh.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
This was my result:

Self-report Component
Subscale IQ score = 86
Subscale percentile = 18

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is somewhat poor. People who score like you may at times feel that they have trouble dealing with their own emotions and those of others. They sometimes struggle to overcome difficulties in their lives and they are not always able to control their moods. It may be hard for them to understand how best to motivate themselves to overcome obstacles and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions difficult at times, for several reasons. They may have trouble allowing themselves to get close with others, finding it difficult to be vulnerable enough to establish intimacy or perhaps lacking understanding of, or comfort with, social interactions. Perhaps by working on your problem areas, you can become more confident in dealing with your own emotions and those of others.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
I once thought so. But SA can be deceptive at the best of times. I think SA has the general tendency to cause us to grossly underestimate ourselves. Social intelligence, perhaps a little, emotional intelligence, most certainly not. I have read some excellent posts on here from people who show sound emotional intelligence and accurate judgement skills. While others show profound insight and palpable levels of thought all the way throughout. Most are indeed a punt head above myself.

But I digress, most of these internet tests are complete and utter BS. What do they take into account? How you were feeling on the day? Your SA? The level of sleep you had the night before? Somehow they don't strike me as being too legitimate. Plus if you already had low self esteem, of course you're going to be going into the test with the pre-emptive assumption that you weren't going to be succesful to start with. It's all about pressure and how it ****s with your mind. This is why so many people flunk their exams, especially those of us with SA and varying degrees of depression. It's not our intellectual capacity that inhibits the majority of us, but a constant mental blockade of inadequacy/incrongruence that detracts from our ability to think and to perform. Think back to the countless social situations you've put yourself through. Could you imagine the situation without any pressure?

·
Banned
3 Posts
Hey guys,

Don't worry too much about the scores, most online tests are inaccurate and all of the really good ones are the ones you have to pay for.

Take it with a pinch of salt.

Steve :)

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah I agree about putting no faith into these types of test. The mind is just so complex there is always more to it.

But still, looking at that percentile chart is pretty scary...:eek:

·
Registered
35 Posts
"But I digress, most of these internet tests are complete and utter BS."

normally i would agree, but the number of questions on the test, and the types of questions, lead me to believe this test is somewhat scientific.

it's not like those quizzes that ask you about your favorite molly ringwald movie, and then extrapolate something about your personality from that.

just sayin'...i found the test to be helpful in understanding where i might be going wrong, so that i can better understand my SA.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Anxiety and depression can hinder so-called "emotional intelligence" I didn't take the test but I wouldn't take it too seriously unless you are already happy and content to begin with. The term "emotional intelligence" is a little paradoxical if you ask me. You can't put a number on someone's ability to empathize.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts