Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Banned
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did anyone see eminem on the jonathan ross show a few weeks ago ?

the guy is classic social phobic. he has a stone face , no expression. he talks really quietly and with no emotion.

he never, ever laughs. if he finds something funny and feels himself about to laugh he holds it in and puts his tongue into his cheek. he looks really uncomfortbale when the camera is on him (not when he is performng)

also what about the mtv movie awards when bruno's arse was in his face ? why would he be angry about that , it was just a joke. if it was anyone else they would have laughed it off but he took it serious. he ripps people all the time so you'd think when someone plays a joke on him he would accept it

i reckon the reason he got so p!ssed off and walked out is cos he couldnt stand being the centre of attention. he couldnt stand everyone being focused on him. and he couldnt stand everyone laughing at him
he walked out so he could escape the anxiety

when bruno was coming down towards him it must av been a social phobics worst nightmare. he must av been thinking ''o no in a matter of seconds everyone is gonna be looking at me,im gonna blush infront of eveyone , i cant handle this ''

the self conciousness in that moment must av been unbearable

·
insert witty comment here
6,159 Posts
You see a lot of Americans behave like that on Jonathan Ross. They are not used to his sense of humour and seem to not quite believe that the stuff he says is actually funny to a British audience.

He once had 50 Cent on and took the piss about 50's bling being all glass stones and mock gold. 50 was SPEECHLESS. I don't think anyone had ever told him that his jewellery looks like it could be bought for $20 at the local market! :rofl

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
We don't know - he might. :stu

·
Registered
202 Posts
But... he puts his face in music videos with millions of people to see, he went to the awards, he reacted opposite of somebody with SA. He was like, angry, I would just either go with it or just walk out, I wouldn't bring more attention to me by yelling.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Nah I think you're just projecting. To me he's always seemed like someone trying to look "hard" I take his behavior more as celebrety diva behavior than social phobia, I've certainly never seen anything in his backround that would suggest he has.

·
Banned
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But... he puts his face in music videos with millions of people to see, he went to the awards, he reacted opposite of somebody with SA. He was like, angry, I would just either go with it or just walk out, I wouldn't bring more attention to me by yelling.
when he is in music videos he is performing.

are you tlling me michael jackson is not social phobic ? he also put his face in musci videos for millions of people to see

he went to the awards yes. i think it would be rude of him if he wasnt there plus lots of social phobics attend social events and just bare the anxiety.

how is being angry the opposite of SA ? its irrelivent

he didnt even yell. he just sed ''are you ****ing serious man '' when the guys arse was in his face

·
Banned
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nah I think you're just projecting. To me he's always seemed like someone trying to look "hard" I take his behavior more as celebrety diva behavior than social phobia, I've certainly never seen anything in his backround that would suggest he has.
his background says it all. h has a terrible upbringing. plus if you watch the film 8mile he is very shy.

in real life everyone who meets him alwayssays ''god i didnt expect eminem to be so quite''

·
aldehyde dehydrogenaser
7,351 Posts
Hm, he didn't seem shy while on Jimmy Kimmel a while ago. he seemed more laidback and invited the whole audience to his concert in detroit or something like that. Plus he even managed to do one-on-one basketball with Jimmy Kimmel, in front of the camera. Shy? naw..

·
Banned
577 Posts

·
Banned
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hm, he didn't seem shy while on Jimmy Kimmel a while ago. he seemed more laidback and invited the whole audience to his concert in detroit or something like that. Plus he even managed to do one-on-one basketball with Jimmy Kimmel, in front of the camera. Shy? naw..
ive just watched that jimmy kimmel interveiw on youtube and i completely disagree with you cos he is showing classic signs of a social phobic in that interveiw

if you look at the start he is constanlty covering his mouth with his hand

he does not laugh once, does not crack a smile once, does not show an ounce of emotion or expression once. he has a stone face throughout

whenever jimmy kimmel and the audience laughs eminem just sits there and hides his expression. there is even one moment were you can visibly see him about to smile and he purposely stops himself , he surpresses it

he relaxed and confident enough to answer basic question from kimmel and to speak clearly with his answers but many social phobics including myself can do that
im perfectly fine with answer basic questions that people ask me. i can speak clearly and confidently. its when i have to be sociable and express charactor and let myself go were i experience anxiety

him inviting everyone to his concert was absolutely nothing. kimmel sed ''uve got a concert soon '' or something and he simply replied '' yer and everyone ont he plane and in the audience is invited'', theres was nothing about it to suggest he aint socially anxious

i suggest you watch it again and look closely

i also suggest you watch him on the jonathan ross show. ont hat show you actually see him a couple of times getting mind blank. he is in mid sentence and his mind just goes blank and he doesnt know what to say so just adds ''yer!'' to the end of it

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Being a celebrity and having SA is a bit of an oxymoron.

Years ago, Eminem was the biggest attention ***** in music. Every time you turned on the TV, there he was doing another interview, etc.

If he truly had SA, he would've been avoiding those things like the plague.

·
Banned
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Being a celebrity and having SA is a bit of an oxymoron.

Years ago, Eminem was the biggest attention ***** in music. Every time you turned on the TV, there he was doing another interview, etc.

If he truly had SA, he would've been avoiding those things like the plague.
ive got 2 words for you - MICHAEL JAKCSON

he was once the most famous person ont he planet who got more attention than anyone. and nobody can deny that not onyl michael but also jermaine and janet jackson are social phobics

infact michael aint just social phobic, he is extremly social phobic. he is one of the more severe cases

·
going hazy
8,724 Posts
I think he's just slightly awkward. For years up until recently he was a recluse after having his life-long best friend murdered, fell back into drug habits, went to rehab, etc. Besides, he's never been good at giving interviews.

·
Grind
2,433 Posts
just listen to some of his music and you can tell that he deals with anxiety, he has lyrics about it...

"i get these panic attacks, i pop a xanax relax"

"eminem you a bass head, unh uh, then whys your face red man you waisted"

i mean its kindof obvious to me *shrugs*...

·
Registered
423 Posts
he never, ever laughs. if he finds something funny and feels himself about to laugh he holds it in and puts his tongue into his cheek. he looks really uncomfortbale when the camera is on him (not when he is performng)
Think that's more down to him trying to maintain an image as an above poster mentioned.

also what about the mtv movie awards when bruno's arse was in his face ? why would he be angry about that , it was just a joke. if it was anyone else they would have laughed it off but he took it serious. he ripps people all the time so you'd think when someone plays a joke on him he would accept it
I would probably have punched him in that situation, just because it's a joke doesn't mean it's acceptable behaviour.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts