Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, im new to this forum. so im just gonna start off by telling you guys about my day today. see, im in college and i know this girl. i mean, i dont have a crush on this girl or whatever. its just that i wanna make more friends who are girls. i sorta knew this girl before she entered college. she entered my college only about two weeks ago. anyway, thats not the point. the first two times i saw her in college, i tried talking to her which i think went okay. then the other consecutive times that i met her, i only said "hi". no conversation whatsoever. i couldnt think of any conversation in my head at all. i always try to think of stuff to talk to her about. but in the end, i end up saying "hi" or "bye". this went on for a few times. but then today, when i saw her and said hi to her, she replied in a joking way by saying "you only know how to say hi". i was so ****ing embarrassed and dumbstruck that i just sorta grinned at her. i felt chills down my body and ive been thinking about it the whole day. what if i see her again? im gonna inevitably say "hi" again. and even if i start a conversation with her, shes gonna know that im trying to start a conversation because of what she said. ugghhh. i have no idea how the handle the situation the next time i see her. i hope you guys have some advice for me

·
Registered
649 Posts
Welcome. I think she was being sarcastically funny. I truly don't think she meant anything by it and if anything else maybe she was egging you on to say more to her in the future.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, SyamsundarMenon! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts