Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I actually got invited to go out (for once) and go ice skating last friday and I told my friend that I would meet her at her house.

I've never been to her house before but she gave me good directions and told me to park my car "in the grass next to my house." I thought that that would be pretty simple but as I get to her house there was a house beside hers and her house was on the corner so there was no parking in the field as I had thought.

Now I had been yelled at before in parking actually in the lawn so normally I usually park in the side so my car is a little bit on their grass but also in the road a little bit (sorry if this is confusing).

Anywho as I got there I parked in the grass like I normally wouldn't do and I started freaking out as soon as I realized what I did so I went around the block to cool off (meanwhile my friend is in her house watching every moment of this and laughing) and then parked the way I normally would do. She came out of the house saying "You're in the freaking road, you were just fine the first time" so my reasoning was "Well some people freak out about parking in the lawn." Then she said "Did you look at my lawn it's a freaking sandbox, there is no lawn." I was so embarrassed.

Me and this girl are not close at all so it was twice as embarrassing. Now today at school she is telling everyone about how dumb I was to not know how to park but also go around the block and come around again. I feel like everytime I am around people I lose my common sense.

I am so sorry this is so long but you don't have to read it. I wasn't expecting this story to be so complicated for such a simple accident. Would you guys be embarrassed over this too? What do I do?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey, people just do things in different ways. You were just being care and respectful of their lawn. I don't think everyone would've parked on the lawn if they used common sense. Could've just said, 'ok ill park on your lawn' after she came out and told you. But yeah, i don't get why she'd be telling people at school because you just don't remember those things. From an outsiders its definitely no biggy, and if she is going around school telling everyone its her problem.

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
I doin't think you were dumb for doing that. If anything its a little bit funny/quirky. If I was told by a gossip about your parking story I'd think what an idiot the gossip was and how they (the gossip) needs to get a life rather than talk about how someone had trouble parking.

·
Banned
2,689 Posts
I'm sure the people at school who hear this story just think it means you are very consciencous, or maybe conscious, or however you spell that word.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I think that you did just great. Who the hell is that $($($* to judge how you do something. If thats all that she has to talk about, she must lead a dull life. I used to worry what people thought of how I did things. I do things differently, and always have. If they ask me, I just say "Thats the way I do it". There isn't a hard and fast rule for everything.
I tell myself every day "I just do what I do". If people don't like it, too damn bad.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I'm like that too. I lose common sense around people and can't seem to do simple **** right. I guess it's not that big a deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts