Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
I completely understand. I've had to go to the doctor for a few embarrassing things and had to force myself to go each time. One time, I went to a place and the doctor knew my mom and started asking about her. (I live in a different city from my parents.) It was embarrassing enough having to talk about the problem, never mind the fact that he was chatting about my mom prior to the appointment. Anyway...it went fine, and I'm sure yours will too. They've seen and heard so many different stories, it's just their job now. So, that's one way to look at it. I know it's not much consolation, but let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
104 Posts
That sucks. Let us know how it goes.

·
Banned
293 Posts
That sucks. Nothing you can do though except just go and get it over with. Maybe when he walks in you should just casually mention that you're kind of nervous.

·
Registered
135 Posts
That sucks. It's a shame there's not more female doctors. I see more on tv and stuff nowdays so hopefully women will see themselves as doctors more often going into the future and translate that into doing.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Im a guy and Im more comfortable with girls too. In fact, I never speak to other guys really and I would not go to a male doctor.. I had them in the past and I just wouldnt go at all because they are horrible at their jobs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts