Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else get that embarrassment feeling in the pit of your stomach? You know the feeling that tells you I shouldn't have said that or I messed up when in reality you didn't.

For example If I told a friend I have social anxiety I would have this feeling so bad.

What do you do to not let it get to you? Let me know if I didn't explain it well enough

·
Big Boo's Haunt
3,980 Posts
I'm fairly sure I've had that feeling, but it's not so much in the stomach for me as just all over tension that starts up, usually starting from my chest. For me, I just have to try and find something to distract me from the feeling and from thinking about what happened (even when what happened was just a reasonable uneventful thing). If I can, I'll listen to punk music for awhile to give all that weird nervous energy somewhere to go, then find something else to do. Though if I'm still around other people, I just have to tough it out til later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.