Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it has made me feel even worse like a loner....why did i do this? i have no friends it is embarrassing. should i just delete it? also, it makes me feel bad that no one has contacted me i have contacted them...pitiful.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have a total of 19 friends on myspace and I talk to like 2 of them lol

On facebook I have about 164....but don't be fooled, I only talk to about 5 of them. Most are people I haven't seen or spoken to since high school or college and a big chunk were added to help me with this game I play online. So don't feel bad if someone's numbers seem way higher than yours....it could all be a show LOL

But I know what you mean, there have been quite a few people I searched for and contacted and they either ignored me or didn't seem that excited to hear from me after so long. :\

·
Here, there & everywhere
233 Posts
I have like 400 something friends on myspace (but they're ALL bands...I think I only have 10 people that I know on it. xD) haha

·
Banned
1,198 Posts
i didn't even have the guts to create one due to the lack of friends. my excuse is "it's not my thing".

also this thread made me look at my thread private messages: unread 0, total 0. i'm a looser. :no

·
Registered
18,889 Posts
Don't be embarrassed - the lack of Myspace friends is not a big deal. If someone was to comment about it (which they won't) you can just tell them you're not that active on the site.

But if being on the site makes you feel worse, you should stop using it altogether.

Nevermind people who don't respond to your contact. It's their loss!

·
Day Of The Dead
945 Posts
Don't be embarrassed. If you wanna get the number up there, you can add bands and stuff. Posting around on the forums can also get you friends if you're after them.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I have like 8 old acquaintances and one friend (she's the only one who talks to me on there)
I actually used a myspace code to hide my friends because I was embarrassed.

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
If it bothers you that much, then you should delete it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Don't worry too much about it. Myspace is known to be a huge popularity contest. But if it's bothering you too much, it's probably a good idea to delete it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
My cousins, sister, and brothers all have between 300 and 700 'friends' on facebook, and I have 63. Of those 63, there are about 5 I'd say are good friends. Speaking for myself, it's easy to feel down when I see pictures of my brother dancing up a storm with a hot girl surrounded by 5 other friends. But I think there's a lot of posing going on with these sites, in that people like to make themselves look more popular than they feel. My brother says the majority of his 'friends' are people he met once, added, and never talks to. That's probably why some of them add so many contacts, so they can look at their myspace or facebook account and feel popular! If you're using myspace to keep in touch with real friends, you probably won't have as many contacts...but the ones you do have will be meaningful people in your life rather than just names on a webpage.
If you ever feel friendless, drop me a line and maybe we can become friends. :]

·
Registered
25 Posts
I feel the same way on facebook. I'd say keep going with it; I'm going to. I'm hoping it's going to help eventually since someone messages me maybe like once every few months.. it's better than nothing. I'm pretty pathetic.. so don't feel bad - you're not

·
Banned
136 Posts
it has made me feel even worse like a loner....why did i do this? i have no friends it is embarrassing. should i just delete it? also, it makes me feel bad that no one has contacted me i have contacted them...pitiful.
Well, as pretty as you are, I am surprised that you haven't had complete strangers send you friend invites.
I actually have the least friends from everyone on my friend list. I don't add bands or strangers. I only opened up my account to stay in touch with friends and family (no one emails or writes letters anymore) and then people that I used to know from school have sent me invites. When my SA is at it's peak I want to delete my account, forget about everyone and be forgotten. I'm often afraid that people will find me on MySpace.

All of my pictures are on private (only I can view them) and I have no information about my location or anything other than my first name, middle name, marriage status, and zodiac sign. It's a paranoia thing. I don't want people to know things about me.

When my birthday nears, I change my birthdate which in turn changes my zodiac sign. I do this because I don't want anyone to know when my birthday is. I don't want anyone to acknowledge it or feel obligated to do something for me or give me presents. My parents never made a real effort to do anything special for my birthdays (or holidays for that matter) while I was growing up so I don't like to be reminded of my b-day.

All the people on my friend list must think I'm a freak. lol

·
Banned
136 Posts
My cousins, sister, and brothers all have between 300 and 700 'friends' on facebook, and I have 63. Of those 63, there are about 5 I'd say are good friends. Speaking for myself, it's easy to feel down when I see pictures of my brother dancing up a storm with a hot girl surrounded by 5 other friends. But I think there's a lot of posing going on with these sites, in that people like to make themselves look more popular than they feel. My brother says the majority of his 'friends' are people he met once, added, and never talks to. That's probably why some of them add so many contacts, so they can look at their myspace or facebook account and feel popular! If you're using myspace to keep in touch with real friends, you probably won't have as many contacts...but the ones you do have will be meaningful people in your life rather than just names on a webpage.
If you ever feel friendless, drop me a line and maybe we can become friends. :]
I only have three on Facebook. I agree with you in the popularity issue. I think MySpace and Facebook are all about how many friends one has on there. I could care less. The more people, the more paranoid I get. Also, I don't want people who used to pick on me in school to find me.

·
Registered
10,466 Posts
I canceled my membership to that site. No one would return when I would message, etc. Also, someone from my high school days found me. I don't want to have anything to deal with those idiots. They were cause for a lot of my problems today.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts