Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have used Outlook, Outlook Express, and Endora, Thunderbird others and I don't know which is the best to use for free. Incredimail only lets you add one email to a contact so you can't add their work email to their list unless it is the only one you email to.

What is truly the best application that is advantageous for adding more than one email?

Everything has it's pros and cons. I'm undecided what I want to stick to. I tried the trial version of Outlook 2007 but I really and truly don't care for it. I don't use the calendar and all that other "junk".

What are a list of other free email applications. I'm now going to try Zimbra! :um

·
···---···
3,375 Posts
I like web mail services like yahoo and gmail. I'll never go back to a desktop email application because you have to deal with syncing if you ever use more than one computer. And you also need to backup and it's a hassle you get a new pc.

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far I like Zimbra. I can even highlight stuff. If I find a problem I will probably just go back to Outlook Express. I didn't have much a problem with it.

·
Banned
12,147 Posts
I don't like any of them. They all seem like they're stuck in the stone age where only uber geeks knew how to work things. I can usually figure out how to set everything up but it's too much trouble and I loose everything if I have a crash and have to do it again. I just use Gmail's web-based service.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I like web mail services like yahoo and gmail. I'll never go back to a desktop email application because you have to deal with syncing if you ever use more than one computer. And you also need to backup and it's a hassle you get a new pc.
Same here. I quit software based email programs several years ago and never looked back. That's soooooo 20th century

·
Registered
784 Posts
Once I went to college, I pretty much moved to webmail. I had to check my email from lots of different computers, and it was always a pain to set up Outlook Express or Thunderbird. Nowadays I use nothing but gmail, I really don't have any complaints about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts