Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
the only thing I know about electronic cigs is that a mate of mine was offered them in a car boot sale. Guy asked 'wan't to quit smoking' he replied 'Yes, but I don't want to look like a k--b head in the process' to which the mate of the guy selling said 'see, I knew we shouldn't have bought all this s--t'

why you interested, you trying to quit or something?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I knew a guy who bought one. It was the stupidest thing I've ever seen in my life.
Don't waste your money.

·
Iam building a religion
2,834 Posts

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
I had one for a while. just google "e-cigarette" and you'll find places that sell them.

Here's the thing though. sure, you avoid the smoke inhalation, resulting lung cancer (from that cause, anyway), etc etc but they still have nicotine in them. It's just delivered in a different way.

one of the most hazardous effects of nicotine in the body is that it provokes the release of various fats into the bloodstream, where, according to experts, it causes clogged arteries, plaque on vein walls, that sort of thing. And, e-cigs are expensive - you may not have to buy cigs all the time, but you still have to get the replacement little vaporizer thingies that go inside the e-cig.

·
who cares..
863 Posts
I had some friends that had them, they said they tasted really gross, I don't know anything else.

·
Mutual Sufferer
169 Posts
Are this electronic cigaretes any good?. if they are, where can I find em?
I've tried them, and they're .. inferior. If you want a good time, smoke quality cigars.

·
Mutual Sufferer
169 Posts
Are this electronic cigaretes any good?. if they are, where can I find em?
I've tried them, and they're .. lacking. Inferior. If you want a good time, smoke quality cigars.

·
Banned
9,587 Posts
probably amazon, this is a good product to buy, i can just imagine it, someone giving their little sibling to smoke in front of the house with other kids, the mother runs to see what they are doing, lol.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I don't smoke, but someone I work with used them, and she cut down from 7 packs a week, to only 1. So I think It's worth a try. They seem to work if you're really motivated to quit.

·
Banned
4,658 Posts
There's a booth seeling them at my local mall. Have you checked malls near your house?

·
Registered
903 Posts
if you're trying to quit i suggest using the nicotine replacement lozenges, worked perfectly for me for about a year (i never did end up quitting the nicotine **** but i figured it was better than smoking).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts