Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with this regarding severe depression?

This is my last hope. I have tried an endless number of medication combinations with not even the slightest positive experience.

i am seriously considering this as i really am near the end.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with this regarding severe depression?

This is my last hope. I have tried an endless number of medication combinations with not even the slightest positive experience.

i am seriously considering this as i really am near the end.
I would not do this, unless you had *no* other options. A wise doctor would try Opiates, amphetamines anything..before doing this. While your moods change with time, the effects of ECT can be permanent. They were with me. Your brain won't be "right" afterwards if you end up in the wrong statistic.

·
Banned
2,689 Posts
The bad part of ECT is supposed to be losing some of your memories. Gawd, I would pay people to take some of these memories out.

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
My pdoc redently mentioned it as a last resort for me. it seems pretty scary to me, the effects on the brain and such.My problems unfortunately are much worse than just SA. Bi- polar, ocd, GAD etc

·
I am Jack's cold sweat
221 Posts
I was thinking about doing it but I dont really know anything about it, Someone I know did it and it didnt do a damn thing for him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts