Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
wondering
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After putting it off for several years, I finally went to a therapist this week. I didn't feel that we connected very well and after my session I did some research on her. I saw that she is associated with these 3 therapies: EFT = Emotional Freedom Technique, BSFF = Be Set Free Fast and TFT = Thought Field Therapy. From the way it sounds, I don't think these would help me and I was curious if anyone else has heard of them before, or have any experience with them.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Definitely keep looking! :)

It took me a handful of tries before I found one that was right for me, but it was worth it!

·
Registered
794 Posts
EFT works. Very welll, actually. You just need to focus on it and give it a chance.

·
Just me being me
1,124 Posts
If you've wanted to know more about EFT and how it's done there's a free online event that will run for 10 consecutive days starting Sunday February 21st at 8 PM Eastern time (U.S.). I'm sure you can jump in late if you don't catch it the first day (today)

Excerpt from site advertisement:
EFT works across the board. This simple meridian tapping
technique can be done one on one, or in a group setting
or YOU can do it - with just yourself.

You will learn everything you need to know about EFT
including self-tapping techniques AND experience group EFT
sessions that can change you in the moment through The
Tapping Summit.

Link=> www.TappingWorldSummit.com.
This is an online virtual audio event. You won't have to make any
phone calls, or download any software to experience the Tapping World
Summit, just connect to the link we have provided for you at the
designated time and days.

·
Banned
9,928 Posts
What is this? Is someone getting paid to advertise this EFT crap on here? I see all these threads about it here.

·
Just me being me
1,124 Posts
EFT Video

No, Scarpia, nobody' getting paid. I'm just sharing information.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
EFT does have an aggressive element to it that promotes the "therapy" on the internet and then claims that some Youtube testimonials count as proof that it works. If you then say you tried it and it didn't work, they dismiss you as being at fault because they cannot directly defend the "therapy" or prove that it works.

Whatever works for people is fine, of course. But anyone wishing to use EFT should keep up all other treatments and see their doctor and or a qualified mental health professional and preferably not one that accepts an completely unsubstantiated premise about meridian points.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,113 Posts
I thought we ended this argument! Resorting to a necrobump in order to continue it is asking for trouble.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.