Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started Effexor about two weeks ago. After trying literally dozens of other meds, this one seems to be working somewhat well. It definitely has helped for the depression, but is making the anxiety worse. Any goods meds to combine with this (other than "emergency relief" benzo-type meds) to help the anxiety? I know I obviously need to discuss this with my doctor, I'm just wondering what other meds people on Effexor have had success with.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Effexor is a ***** of a drug. Wait another few weeks to adjust to it and the anxiety should lessen.

My memory is really fuzzy, but I think I was taking either Lexapro or Zoloft with it. Sleeping pills seem to have eaten all that information up...

·
Registered
14 Posts
When I first started on Effexor, I was told the first month or so would be tough. I was told that I'd have stomach pains, and possibly feel like the meds were having the opposite effect that I was aiming towards. So for you, I would suggest staying on it a bit longer before you judge. I have upped my dose of Effexor about 3 times over the past year (it's actually been a couple weeks away from a year that I've been on it) and each time I up the dose I feel like crap for a little bit before it starts to feel good.

So just wait and see for a few more weeks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts